Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hobart TIG Welder TR-250 HF
- - By wiskybuck (*) Date 06-26-2009 11:39
I have a singe phase Hobart TR-250 HF that is not giving much current.
I have low spark with the HF on but no spark with HF on start or off. The spark I have is like having static.....no power.
The contactor can be heard with the foot pedel and it does the same thing on local or remote.
The welder was at a company and set at 460. I changed the links according to the book to 230. I have a arc and mig welder that work in the shop so I don't think it has anything to do with the wiring in the shop.
Is there more to changing the welder over from 460 other than changing the links?

The welder was in a garage for 10 years without being used, but was working great up till then. There is no sign of any infestation or wireds chewed up.
I cleaned and wire brushed the connections on the torch and ground. Also reset and cleaned the points.
It does the same thing in AC and DC, and in every range.
I did hook up jumper cables for a power torch with a stick electrode, but got the same result.(not sure if that meant anything)
Any idea's?

Thanks,
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 06-26-2009 13:36
what is the spec# of the machine?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Hobart TIG Welder TR-250 HF