Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / the ua in nc
- - By pipe hand (*) Date 06-28-2009 15:27
I am going to take the welding test this week I don't here much about the ua here in nc.I was just wondering what you guys know or any comments any body has would be much appreciated
Parent - By ruero (**) Date 06-28-2009 22:52
Check the dispatch/jobs on 798 site, prejobs at the top will show you locations of most jobs.

Good luck
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 06-29-2009 01:47
Where are you located? Willing to travel?
I was in 421 many years ago but not to work locally...because there was none.
421 had one local for two states. I don't know if that has changed or not. It was called a suitcase local...if you stay busy it will be living out of your suitcase.
On a positive note, I work in Fort Bragg a lot and the union is very active there. A very large project has just started in Fort Bragg and the mechanical contractor is a union company from Calif. and will need to man the project. That will keep you busy for a couple of years if you can get on it. If you need contractor names I can get them for you. Outside of Fort Bragg I don't know if they have much work. Good luck with the test and keeping busy.
Parent - By pipe hand (*) Date 06-29-2009 09:37
I am about 15 miles out side winston salem and I will travel it is still one local for 2 states.there is 3 pipe fab shops around here and I have worked for 2 out of 3 and they cant stay busy so I am going to travel any way you just don't here much about the ua here back home in Michigan you herd more about them work benefits conditions. I have been back down here 7 years and not hardly a peep. There is two sides to every story and am trying to see the big picture.I am going to have to travel eventually and am looking for the best way to feed my family.     Thank you for your comments they are appreciated.  
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / the ua in nc