Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Not much going on anywhere
- - By cajun welder (**) Date 07-03-2009 21:55
I'm from southern Louisiana and I took a group of high school FBLA members to the national conference in Anaheim, California from June 20, to June 29. Biggest conference ever 9,000 plus kids participating.  We left 3 days early and landed in San Francisco to tour the bay area and surrounding areas and didn't see much construction going on. After 2 days we headed south on Hwy 99 to Fresno and detoured a couple of times and still nothing. Then on to Anaheim and still nothing. The only construction I saw was at Disney Land. Just thought I would see more going on than what I did, and maybe there is and I just didn't pass by any.  Its time this economy turns around. California is a beautiful state. I loved the weather out there, cool and no humidity, which sure beats this Louisiana heat.

Parent - By michael kniolek (***) Date 07-03-2009 22:20
CA cant even pay out tax returns so how could they build anythig, they cant even pay for Mike Jacksons memorial security.
If any 1 has any sense we wold look at CA, and do the opposite.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Not much going on anywhere