Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Embrittlement of Welds
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-05-2009 16:40
Embrittle This!!!

"Embrittlement of Welds" H. D. Solomon, in Treatise on Materials Science and Technology, vol. 25

http://eagar.mit.edu/3.37/H-337-39.pdf

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Fredspoppy (**) Date 07-05-2009 21:00
And your point is???
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-06-2009 02:21 Edited 07-06-2009 17:15
My point is to enlighten folks with some new links that may be helpful in their lifelong quest to keep educating themselves.

My other point in doing this is, that I like contributing in this particular manner by helping in building a good, well, rounded repository of reference information here so, when the time comes to possibly find some answers to some questions regarding the multitude of topics and subtopics as they relate to Welding, Metallurgy, and NDE - one can without too much work find some of the answers they may be seeking.

Although I haven't been online as much as of late, I used to do this on a regular basis last year and the years before in case you don't remember :) :) :)
So I hope my answer doesn't ruffle your feathers too much and if it does? Well then, such is life :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 07-06-2009 04:53
Henry,
I certainly have benefited from the links you post, both in response to my queries and a multitude of others. Good to have you back.

Now if only I could retain some of that info. I have an excellent memory, just very short!
Parent - By jon20013 (*****) Date 07-06-2009 05:48
Henry, I noticed all your postings similar in the Metallurgy thread and would like to say thank you!  :)
Parent - - By CHGuilford (****) Date 07-06-2009 13:11
Henry!  Good to see you back!

Thank you for the information. That's the sort of thing that I save because you never know when it will come in handy.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-06-2009 17:05
Thanks for "weldcoming" me back gentlemen :) :) :)

I also posted a link in the Inspection section which some might find interesting if not, then at the very least - educational. ;)

I look forward to posting more good reference links as I find them. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 07-06-2009 19:40
Henry,
My only compliant is that I do not have the time available to survey all of the great info you post so the stack of printed info yet to read is bigger then the one that has been read.
But keep it up. I'm working as hard as I can.
Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-07-2009 00:29
I just wish you had not re-appeared by posting so much great info all at one time.  Slow down a little so us little people can get a good read and think on it a little before going on to the next one.

Welcome back and Have a Great Day,  Brent
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Embrittlement of Welds