Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding on pontoon boats
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-08-2009 15:29
I've been having a discussion with another welder, good tig/mig welder with nuke experience. We were talking about pontoon boats, repairing them and so on. Got a bunch of lakes around the area and he's wanting to rig out a tig/mig setup for things like that. I told him my Uncle was gonna do some boat stuff up around Rochester,N.Y and if I remember correctly had to have something, certs??? from the coast guard or something?? Not real sure but he said he did'nt think that would be required.

So, I'm here to ask the folks with the experience and knowledge. Is there some sort of code for boat repairs, inland lakes, pontoon etc, etc? Or, is it just a New York State thing? Found out about a month ago that they have now made handrail code jobs.

Thanks again for any info to enlighten me!

Shawn
Parent - By wiskybuck (*) Date 07-08-2009 20:04
I would suggest in contacting the state commerce dept. or going on their site. They have state requirement codes
Parent - - By patg (**) Date 07-08-2009 22:11
i know on offshore boats { shrimp boats ect. }the coastgaurd will inspect the welds when you are done, but we have never been certified by the coastgaurd
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 07-09-2009 12:22
I'll have to look into that when I have time, not important but just for my curiousity I guess.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding on pontoon boats