Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / need help with i millermatic 252!?
- - By bigrod (**) Date 07-10-2009 18:31
For some reason i have had some really SH#@Y luck this year with welding machines, but any way on with the problem.  every time that i go to pull the trigger the machine will feed about a 1/16" of wire and then the machine will shut off and then turn back on within 30 seconds.  any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-10-2009 19:00
Wow... That's a crazy one.

First I would go to the Miller website..  Write down the Serial and model numbers of your power supply and then go to their bank of owners manuals... You may quickly find your problem in the trouble shooting guide.

They also have a Q&A section on thier webiste..  Believe me ... If it has happened to you... It has prolly happened to hundreds of others.
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 07-10-2009 19:07
Hello bigrod, now a silly question from me. Does your machine have a spot/stitch or burnback control knob on it anywhere? If it is so equipped, I believe it is under the cover in the vicinity of the feed roll/drive motor area. If you do have these features on your machine take a look at the settings of them. This is likely not the answer, but worth taking a look at. Best regards, Allan 
Parent - By 522029 (***) Date 07-11-2009 01:14
The spot/stitch, burnback, run-in and a couple of other features are in the hidden menu.  This menu is accessed by depressing the trigger and then turning the machine on.  The procedure is listed on the info cards on the front of the machine also.

I use a 252 daily and like the machine.  I have never encountered his problem.

Griff
Parent - - By SundownIII Date 07-26-2009 05:23
Sounds to me like you need to check the incoming power supply.  Is the circuit feeding the machine up to providing the peak amps the machine needs?
Parent - - By bigrod (**) Date 07-27-2009 03:06
miller told me that it was the pc boards and that i would have to send it in
Parent - - By Stringer (***) Date 07-30-2009 00:04
I'm shocked.
Parent - By bigrod (**) Date 07-30-2009 02:20
thats kinda what i thought too!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / need help with i millermatic 252!?