Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / classic 2 troubles
- - By weldaboy (**) Date 07-12-2009 18:25
ive got a 2004 classic 2 im wanting to see bout doin a lil tuning on it. the factory ocv setting is suppose to be 98 i checked mine the other day and it was putting out bout 99.5. and its a completley diff machine in the morning than in the afternoon. i never know where i want my heat till i weld wit it for a min. has ne body ever messed with one that could give me some help with this?? or ne ideas??
Parent - By Brian T. Beard (**) Date 07-12-2009 22:31
Talk with Kay, she was on another post a bit ago or try to PM Cactus im sure he has her #
Parent - By tazmannusa (**) Date 07-12-2009 23:05
Mine is a 98 model, It does change a bit with heat but not that bad.  I did have trouble at one time and it was the automatic throttle plunger was getting a little worn and sticky that and the plunger was not lined up streight with linkage. I shimed the mounting bracket with washers to where it was streight and now the RPM's stay consistant, throttles quicker to. It doesnt take much of an rpm change to change the output.
What is the temp diff between morning and afternoon? Naturaly asperated diesels without inercooler drop 10 to 20% power on a hot day
Tom
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 07-13-2009 13:58
a tune up will help with some of your problem. Your OCV's are a little high and that couls be fixed by resetting your idles..
Parent - - By KSellon (****) Date 07-13-2009 13:58
between 2600-3100 hours you need to have the timing belt changed!!
Parent - By weldaboy (**) Date 07-13-2009 23:17
ok ill remember that. its only got 1250 hrs on it. i think im gonna take it down to bout 97.5-98 ocvs and see how it acts. thanks for all the help everybody.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / classic 2 troubles