Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI needed in Clive, Iowa
- By hburg rocket (*) Date 07-15-2009 23:09
Our firm has been tasked to conducted an inspection of a partially fabricated steel water tank at a fab facility in Clive, Iowa, before it gets shipped to a site in MS.  The portion we would like to sub out to a CWI is for the following:  The connections consists of 3/4" A36 plates and/or bars, welded to A36 sheets.  The main type of  connection averages about 40" total weldment, of which there are 40 total.  The second type of connection averages about 30" total weldment, of which there are 16 total.  All welds are 1/4" fillet, excluding about 20 total inches of seal welds on the type '2' connections.

Our project engineer will be on site to conduct other non-welding inspections of the tank pieces.  He will be on-hand for a day or two to discuss any issues with the weld inspection.  Date to begin is Tuesday, August 11th.

Presuming the plate-connections are easily accessible on the ground, is there any CWI out there close to Clive that would like to give me a proposal for this work?  If so, pls contact me and I can provide the relevant portions of the shop drawings you will need for your proposal.

Bill Myers, P.E., C.W.I.

p.s.  I cannot conduct this inspection due to other commitments.
Up Topic Welding Industry / Inspection & Qualification / CWI needed in Clive, Iowa