Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI - CM:2000
- - By wiskybuck (*) Date 07-16-2009 15:21
I have my CWI exam next week, and I was lucky enough to come across most of the chapters(missing 8,10,11) of the CM:2000 Certification Manual for Welding Inspectors(4th edition)online.  I don't know how much info I'm missing from those chapters....will try to make it up in other books.
Anyway, I'm also missing Annex C....which contain the answers to the previous chapter questions. If anybody has a copy I would appreciate the answers to see how I'm doing on the tests.

Thanks,
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-16-2009 20:55
There is an online site that provides online training for CWI's and the individual modules can be purchased. The individual modules are $25.00 . I am going through some now.

http://www.weld-procedure.com/individualclassescwi.html is the site. I think this is an AWESOME way to perform training for the welding related topics.

So far the UT module I am reviewing is great.

Gerald
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-18-2009 17:48
Gerald,

I want to personally thank you for sharing this link with us in here, and I also want to thank you for your consistent effort over the years in sharing whatever knowledge, Information, and experiences you've had with us...

I'm also very happy to read that you're teaching because I believe that is what you love to do, and your students will hopefully appreciate your willingness to go out of your way to help them so, once again - THANKS FRIEND!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 07-18-2009 18:10
I'll add my second to that Henry!

By the way, how are you doing these days Henry? I downloaded all those pdf files you steered us toward. Some fine information to add to my library!

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 07-18-2009 20:46 Edited 07-18-2009 23:24
Hey Al!

I'm hangin in there buddy! ;)
I was attacked by the vampires (phlebotomy lab) earlier this week, and I'm just starting to feel a little bit better today but, I felt bad that I wasn't up to getting together with Joe Kane who was in town this week - due to the way I was feeling earlier this week... Oh well, maybe next time.

Other than that, I've been taking it easy these days mainly because my health has not been cooperating in the way I would like it to and quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it but then again, there are some things in life that are out of our hands, and sometimes hard to accept... Now don't get me wrong, over the years I've learned to live with my illnesses and the limitations they have imposed on my lifestyle... The hard part is finding people that can understand my disabilities enough to work with me... Kind of like finding a needle in a haystack if you get my meaning. ;) Once they find out that I had a liver transplant, and have cancer which they eventually do find out about one way or another, most people change their opinion about me from being someone that they can rely upon to someone they would rather not have to deal with at all, and I always hear the same line: "It's not personal... It's just business."

Anywho, I've got to get another eye exam and an EKG this week so I can go back on chemo again which is bumming me out a bit because I would rather be teaching again instead of constantly having to fight off one disease after another. :( :( :(

I know this is only a temporary setback but, I'm getting tired of all these temporary setbacks, and I'm starting to lose patience with the Medical establishment
but Al, I apologize for dumping on you like this... I know that my faith will get me through this like it has before, so I guess I just need to get a little more "gratitude in my attitude" as some may say. ;)

My saving grace is in keeping active in the forum again and until I win this upcoming fight, I'll just have to settle for some part time work if I can find it. :)
Hopefully I'll have some better news soon but, thanks for asking anyway Al. :) :) :) Btw, How are you Al?

Respectfully,
Henry

Parent - By welderbrent (*****) Date 07-19-2009 19:09
Henry, as one who is pretty new here and knows little about you,  I appreciate your openness to sharing the problems that have kept you away. You had been missed and I was wondering what had happened.  As Gerald and Al have stated, our thoughts and prayers are with you.  God Bless.  And thanks again for all the good info you put up.

Hope none are offended by the hijacking of this thread.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - By roncline Date 07-25-2009 15:50
Morning Brother! Your attitude is an inspiration to me!  After reading what you wrote, I need to work harder on mine.

"I can do all things through Christ that strengthen me".

God Bless

New guy
Parent - - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 07-18-2009 22:11
Henry,
Thank you so much. I have always appreciated the information here. Being able to share some with others makes me feel less guilty about all I have gained from SO many people such as yourself and others here who give priceless information.

I thought the website contained some great information for those interested in welding and inspection. The 200+ online test for fundamentals is well worth the 25 bucks. I have talked with the guy that has the site on the phone. He's good to talk with ! I have been through a few of the modules and suggest them for someone wanting to take course at their own pace. 

I hope the best for you my friend and my prayers are with you.
Parent - By scrappywelds (***) Date 08-01-2009 02:18
thanks for the web site link. I am currently in training to take over as the new CWI for my company, any training helps to pass the exam I will be taking next year. Just finished class #1 it was informative and cheap for what you get.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CWI - CM:2000