Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / rigs headed north
- - By bigrod (**) Date 07-16-2009 17:27
whats going on with all of the rigs headed north on 83 highway?  i see 2-4 pretty slick rigs headed north coming from turpin ok, up through liberal kansas.  just kinda curious, figured it was probably union though.
Parent - - By shorthood2006 (****) Date 07-17-2009 00:27
headed to the feedlots in western ks. Max Jantz excavation from Montezuma Ks hires welders alot. i worked for him for 13 years building fence... would stay in a feedlot for months at a time expanding the facility.
Parent - - By tighand430 (***) Date 07-17-2009 01:34
Or they might be headin to the Keystone line. If they had any 798 stickers, they'd prolly be headed there.
Parent - - By bigrod (**) Date 07-17-2009 03:43
I have been seeing these trucks now for the last 2 weeks off and on.  i know max jantz and im pretty sure that these guys are too good for the feed lots.  there are some pretty slick looking rigs that have come through.  most of us know a pipeline rig from just any regular welding rig.  hahaha cuz most of us look at rigs like we look at women, and these were line rigs.   didnt see any 798 stickers though.....
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 07-20-2009 19:13
Yeah I wouldn't think there is much feedlot expansion going on right now anywhere the feeders aren't making any money.  Here in Texas panhandle they have cut feedlot workers hours and running with skeleton crew and only patching fences not doing any expansion right now but they are keeping pens full because here in west side and eastern New Mexico and Colorado been very dry till this past week so no grass.  First grass fire got rained out in a long time Saturday night.   
Parent - - By michaelb (**) Date 07-20-2009 03:56 Edited 07-20-2009 04:16
working for mje right now and turning down welders every day.  the guy is full but feedlot fence is about the only thing i can find to do. like the work just kinda warm
Parent - By bigrod (**) Date 07-20-2009 13:50
which feed lot are you guys at?
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / rigs headed north