Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Inspector/Welding training
- By DaveP66 (*) Date 03-17-2002 12:57
Hello, My friend is due to get out of the navy with me in October. We are both welders and and want to continue a carreer in welding and get into inspecting. He is looking at two schools: Tulsa Welding School and Ridgewater College in MN. Ridgewood offers a two year degree in NDE's inspections with a associates degree. And Tulsa has a 7/7 program with 7 months of welding a wide range of processes in plate and pipe with a vast majority of posisions. The other seven months are concentrated on inspection. He doesnt know what will be more benificial in the long run. His main goal is to get a good job. He has been welding with me for 5 years. And wants to get into welding or inspecting...with inspection in the long run..but pretty much wants a good job with good pay..and have welding to fall back on if he cant get an inspecting job...my advice was to go to Tulsa because the training and inspection was all welding related and it might be a wiser choice. However i dont think he can get a "degree" assoiciates degree in inspecting like he can in the other school...so any pro's got any advice for him?

and here is my problem...i want to do the same thing...im married now so i cant go across the country to go to school. so im looking in the gulf coast area for NDE training and get a few level one's done as well as get my CWI cert...and accompany them with my welding experience and certs.....and good advice for me?

thanks to all whom apply to our problems...we both love welding..and want to do it for a carreer...whatever the path is....we want to have welding in our lives...
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Inspector/Welding training