Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / lawn and garden dump trailer
- - By aevald (*****) Date 07-25-2009 04:56
Hello folks, got a different camera the other day so I'm trying it out to see how well it works. Have a fair amount of acreage to tend to and often times I end up hauling bark dust, ornamental rock, brush and other organic materials around the place. Used to load and unload, then I recalled seeing this sort of set-up somewhere and checked around in my misc. pile and found a few items to make up my own "dump" style unit. With a couple of pieces of channel, angle iron, and plate, along with an old boat winch, some cable, and a brass-bushed pulley I was able to come up with the following contraption to ease the work load a bit. Unfortunately, I am probably a little bit better at figuring and fabricating than I am at painting so what you see has the "rustic" patina look. As always, would love to see others contraptions and ideas. Best regards, Allan
Parent - By Ke1thk (**) Date 07-27-2009 11:08
I love it! Great idea.

Keith
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 07-27-2009 15:58
Can you imagine the wheelie that I could ride if I hooked that loaded trailer up behind my snapper lawn tractor?....LOL
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 07-27-2009 17:43
Hello John, I either pull it with my Husquavarna lawn tractor or my Honda 250 EX quad. The wooden extensions that I have on it are for those times when you've got sizeable pieces of brush, otherwise I definitely don't load it to the hilt with rock! Although, I have considered putting "duals" on it for stability and better weight capacity. Best regards, Allan 
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 08-02-2009 16:17
Need, the mother or invention and ingenuity!

Best regards - Al
Up Topic Welding Industry / Welding Fundamentals / lawn and garden dump trailer