Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CRAW-T certification
- - By 2008642 (*) Date 07-30-2009 04:16
I'm interested in getting the CRAW-T certification, but I noticed one of the requirements is a 2 year degree.  I don't have a degree as of yet.  I was wondering if my welding background is solid and I meet all qualifications.  Will they let me take the CRAW-T without a 2 year degree.
Parent - - By Franco Date 07-30-2009 14:32 Edited 07-30-2009 14:36
There is an alternative (equivalent combination of appropriate education and experience) to the "Two Year Associates Degree in Welding/Robotics/Electrical" requirement for qualifying to take the CRAW-T exam, which is listed in Table-3, Section-B, Item-3 of the AWS-D16.4:2005, Specification for the Qualification of Robotic Arc Welding Personnel, available online at: http://www.aws.org/certification/docs/d_16_4.pdf

Table-3, Section-B lists the "Experience and Education Requirements" needed to qualify to take the CRAW-T exam as follows;

B. EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
1. Meet all of the experience and education requirements from previous levels.
2. Have a minimum of 3000 hours or 3 years arc welding experience.
3. Have a two year Associates Degree in Welding/Robotics/Electrical or equivalent combination of appropriate education and
experience.
4. Hold current CWI certification (Certified Welding Inspector).

To review both the Qualifying Document "AWS-D16.4:2005, Specification for the Qualification of Robotic Arc Welding Personnel" and the Certification Document
"QC19:2002, Standard for the AWS Certification of Robotic Arc Welding" for the CRAW program, please access them online at; http://www.aws.org/w/a/certification/CRAW/ and click-on the "Access Application and Info" link.

Thank you,

Frank Lopez Del Rincon
AWS-Senior Certification Coordinator
Parent - By Lawrence (*****) Date 07-30-2009 15:25
Welcome to the forum Frank!

Stick around;  I think there will be alot of questions we will have for you   :)
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / CRAW-T certification