Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Jimmy's Happy!!!
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-03-2009 20:38
A picture is worth a thousand words especially if there's a caption along with it. ;) :) :)

Enjoy!

Respectfully (except for 3.2!),
Henry
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 08-03-2009 22:01 Edited 08-03-2009 23:13
Joke Deleted by Poster
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-03-2009 22:50
Personally I think that is a good one !!! Be careful, I posted a joke like that and they shut down the Off Topic over it
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-04-2009 00:11
Cactus,
  The reason that thread was deleted was because it could, and was by several, construed as racist. You posted that it was not made in that context, and I for one (not that I matter) believe you.

This is apples to oranges. There is no way that this could be construed as a racist joke.

Henry,
  My friend, it is VERY obvious that this is directed towards our current Commander in Chief/President. LOL

jrw159
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-04-2009 01:34
Hello again John R. west!

No offense John but, I beg to differ with you with respect to your observation. and I say this because nowhere does it say that it is being directed towards the current sitting president. Commander in Chief, and there isn't anything that suggests the same... I will call my buddy in Long Island and ask hi m if that's what he meant by sending me the pic but as of now, I have no idea as to whom he was referring to based on the picture... For all I know, he could have been referring to former President Herbert Walker Bush, and that my friend is certainly a very strong possibility especially because of the mess this country is in as a result of some of the actions he took during his presidency!!!

May I also remind everyone in here that it is the right as a patriot to question the actions, and decisions our government makes so long as we remain respectful towards the institutions in our government unless our right under the constitution are actually taken away from us without any, and I mean any prior debate which would only be deemed successful only if an amendment is voted with two thirds of a majority vote.

When I find out what my friend meant by sending me the e-mail with the picture in question, I'll let you all know just as soon as I hear from him. :)

Respectfully,
Henry 
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-04-2009 01:50
Henry,
  It is your story and you can tell it anyway you please. :-)

jrw159
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-03-2009 22:51
I cant beleive that  ! Isn't that making a bad joke towards a sitting President ?
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-03-2009 22:57
Hey Cactus,

Jimmy's been retired for years now, and we've had a few presidents since so, where do you read where I or anyone else for that matter, was specifically referring to a sitting president??? I rest my case. :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By rjc5510 (*) Date 08-03-2009 23:09
in the post right below your first one.
Parent - - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-03-2009 23:35
Hey Henry, The Caption on Jimmy Carters Picture suggest that FINALLY he wont be the worst President. To which President would that be directed at ?  Clinton ? It only makes sense to me that posting such a picture, with a caption like that, Would be directed at our Current, Sitting, US President. But thats just the way I see it. Not sure who else the caption would be directed at. Just for the record, Who made the Post with Jimmy's picture in it ?
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 08-04-2009 00:42
Cactus, IM me the dang joke so I can understand what is being discussed!
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-04-2009 00:48
Rick,
  I will help the process along so as to try to lay it to rest.

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=21884

LOL :-)

jrw159
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 08-04-2009 22:19
OH YEAH! Thanks John!
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-04-2009 01:16
Hey Cactus,

You know I really don't know where it originated from as I received it as part of an e-mail message from one of my buddies in Long Island and since I didn't ask him yet so, I honestly couldn't tell you... I certainly made no mention of the picture being directed towards the current sitting president as I went back, and double checked what I wrote in my original posting which clearly states: "A picture is worth a thousand words especially if there's a caption along with it. :) :) :) Enjoy!"

So I fail to see where my post would state clearly that the meaning of both the photo, and written caption along with the words I included in the post would be directly referring to the current sitting president... Even if there were words included to suggest that I was indeed indirectly referring to the current sitting president, unlike one of the posts that got you in trouble previously, there wasn't the slightest hint of racism, or mention of any form of threatening gestures directed towards the current sitting president.

That's why I do not feel that in any part of my post can be compared to yours even though we all know yours was a joke also, and meant as nothing more than that and yet nonetheless posted most definitely in poor taste, and disrespectful towards the "Institution of the Presidency" as well as towards the Honor Guard of our Armed Forces...
As a Veteran, I took strong offense to that "joke."

The other difference is that now, the OTB&G cannot be seen by folks who are just visiting the forum... Let's just leave it at that. ;)

Respectfully,
Henry    
Parent - By Cactusthewelder (*****) Date 08-04-2009 01:38
Will do. Just voiceing my opinion
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Jimmy's Happy!!!