Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Campbell Hausfeld Migs, any good?
- - By don77835 Date 03-21-2002 16:20
Hello,
I am wanting to get a small mig (gas) that I can weld sheet metal on the old trucks that I am restoring. I have found a CH farmhand 125 at tractor supply co. I am not wanting to spend a fortune here so, that is why I am looking at this welder. Are they any good or are the little Licoln Weldpak 100 or 125, or Millermatic 135 really worth the additional expense. I dont know anything about campbell Hausfeld (other than compressors) or any of the other brands for that matter. I am new to welding and dont know what would make the difference since the specs were the same.
I really would appreciate any help on this..
Thanks
Don
dons@bwgroc.com
Parent - By kam (**) Date 03-21-2002 18:06
I have a Lincoln sp175 that I use around the farm. Great little unit that the wife bought me for Xmas one year. Think she payed about $750 for the entire setup...which included the gas option and a tank of 75/25. Handles .023 to .035" solid wire and .045" flux cored wire. Myself I would not by anything other than a Miller or a Lincoln. Have heard some horror stories from people who have that needed to get them serviced.
Parent - By mbutler (*) Date 03-22-2002 13:09
If you are looking for a decent inexpensive machine, I would choose Hobart over CH. Check out http://www.brwelder.com/home.html
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / Campbell Hausfeld Migs, any good?