Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Please see Metallurgy post
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-09-2009 06:32 Edited 08-09-2009 17:48
I posted some links of FREE courses for anyone in here to take on line related to material science, metallurgy, physics, mathematics, etc.

These courses are offered free online by the Massachusetts Institute of Technology... Otherwise known as: M.I.T.

I strongly suggest these courses to anyone who would like to learn more about important topics related to Welding Technology, and who think they cannot afford to, or do not have the time to take these courses, or they are not at this level of education!!! included are High school preparatory courses for anyone who seeks to better understand what's involved in the college level courses... Finally, there are also graduate level courses for those of you whom already have degrees, and want to further their education in the various material science courses offered as well as other types of courses being offered separate from material sciences, so ENJOY THEM and TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 08-09-2009 16:23
Hey, thanks Henry!
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 08-09-2009 21:31
Thanks Henry
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-10-2009 00:14
There is a slight, yet relatively inexpensive caveat to these courses...

That is, one has to buy there own books because MIT doesn't provide them... Still, these courses are a bargain considering there's no tuition involved and one can study at their own pace.

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Please see Metallurgy post