Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / UT Helper
- - By fbrieden (***) Date 08-20-2009 22:53
Attached is a pic of my female UT helper. She dosen't whine at all, that's why I keep her!

http://s119.photobucket.com/albums/o131/fbrieden/?action=view&current=UTHelper.jpg
Parent - - By Arctic 510 (**) Date 08-21-2009 01:12
I hesitate (and didn't) to click on the link, wondering if this belongs in the OTB&G???
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 08-21-2009 04:32
Just a pic while calibrating my 58L UT instrument,
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-21-2009 05:18 Edited 08-21-2009 07:09
Unbelievable!!! :( :( :(

Now the posting pictures/self appointed content police has emerged, who seems to think that they are the new moral authority, and that they will be relentless in making sure that we all conform to their opinions of relevancy!!!

BTW, it is a relevant picture as Fran noted so, please find something more useful to do with your time than to all of a sudden become the self-appointed "photo/content-police" of "The World's Greatest WELDING Forum!!!" Btw, I was the one who coined that phrase and it stuck!!!

If you think this is inappropriate, then send Ross a PM or even Fran one but, don't start with a crusade as the new moral authority in lhere as someone living in a glass house casting stones!!!

I apologize Ross but, this sort of stuff has to stop!!! Soon everything will be considered OTB&G material according to some of these newly self appointed content auditors which will leave the forum with some very intimidated people wondering whether or not their post of relevance in their own Humble Opinion, will even stay in the topic section they intended to post in the first place and that's just plain wrong for this forum!!!

In very short order, You'll have folks pointing fingers at each other for even more ridiculous reasons (excuses actually) just to show how morally superior they are in here which will result in nothing less as well as nothing more than a "bulk LNG tanker" full of Ill will towards each other as participants!!! ;(

The next thing we're going to have is a required notarization, or something to that effect in order to post something that will be considered relevant by only a few??? And if this sort of mentality becomes the norm, then this forum will no longer be "The World's Greatest WELDING Forum!!! ;( - Not an inspection site for morality crusaders for crying out loud!!! ;(

GIVE ME A BREAK!!! LET IT GO!!! "NAMI-YOHO-RENGEKYO!!!" Repeat this phrase by starting slowly at first like this: "NAM- I - YO - HO - RENGE - KYO" followed by increasing the tempo each time you repeat the same phrase until it sounds like "NAMIYOHORENGEKYO!!!" :) :) :)... And I can almost guarantee that you will totally forget whatever it was that upset you in the first place!!!

I mean, a pet cat lying in a "inspection equipment case" is what got you upset enough to question the validity, and relevance of it's appearance in this topic section??? Come on Now!!! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING??? You can do better than that and you're better than that!!! I rest my case!!! :) :) :) 

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By CWI555 (*****) Date 08-21-2009 12:21
Don't mean to be a smart ass Henry but it's "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" from Nichiren Daishonin Buddhism.
Nam - to devote oneself
Myo - essence of life
ho - tangible
(Myoho together means Mystic Law)
Renge - lotus flower. Symbolic of karma
Kyo - Sutra/voice or teaching of budda.

The chant is used in 'Daimoku'. Chanting Nam-myoho-renge-kyo- also known as "Daimoku" intended to reveal the state of center in one's life, experienced as the natural development of joy, increased vitality, courage, wisdom and compassion.

I agree with the thought and intent of your post if not the religion, but I do think it's a bit obscure to have made the point your trying to make to the majority.

Respectfully,
Gerald
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-21-2009 15:48
I hear you Gerald!

Btw, thanks for correcting me with the spelling as well as reminding me the true meaning of the chant since I'm not a practicing Buddhist, yet I do know enough that this chant was taught to me as a form of therapy in order to help my mind to focus only on positive thoughts as opposed to letting an unrelenting, and sometimes intense physical pain overwhelm me so much so, that I could no longer function in even a limited capacity, and I'm happy to report that it still works for me to this day!!! :) :) :)

As far as the obscure nature I chose to make my point is concerned, I just figured if it had the slightest chance of at the very least, causing enough laughter within the majority, then chances are that there may be a possibility that they - being the majority - might just lighten up a bit, and stop this habit of pointing fingers at each other at an ever increasing rate for what really is nothing more than petty stuff that for some reason or another gets some of us so riled up including myself!!!

However, I now realize that my attempt may just prove to be futile... Just the same, I'll always be someone who doesn't waiver in attempting to remind folks that life is too short to take it so seriously that one has to express how miserable they are by attacking anyone they choose to think that they are not towing the "party" line - so to speak, no matter how unrealistic it may seem to be. ;) I was born an independent and I'll die as an INDEPENDENT!!! ;)
So, "Dios Te Bendigas" Gerald and once again, thanks for being a Friend!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By HgTX (***) Date 08-21-2009 18:45
The person doing most of the attacking here is you.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-21-2009 22:06
BUMP!
Parent - - By Arctic 510 (**) Date 08-21-2009 16:49
Your words...

" posting pictures/self appointed content police"

"don't start with a crusade as the new moral authority in lhere as someone living in a glass house casting stones!!!"

"morality crusaders "

Did I miss something here? 

I never claimed to be a moral authority.  A simple "It is relevant" would have sufficed, as opposed to an out-of-proportion diatribe.  I access this site from work, and my job is at stake if I access inappropriate content.  

I am not crusading, merely trying to access the forum without joining the ranks of the unemployed.  Your lengthy response and "crusade" against perceived "crusading" is unwarranted, unecessary, and misplaced. 

Your words-
"I mean, a pet cat lying in a "inspection equipment case" is what got you upset enough to question the validity, and relevance of it's appearance in this topic section??? Come on Now!!! You have GOT TO BE KIDDING??? You can do better than that and you're better than that!!! I rest my case!!! :) :) :)  "

I did not access the photo, as I stated in my original post.  I have no idea what was in it.  If I had accessed it, and it was an "inappropriate" picture of a female, I stand to lose my job.

Your words-
"GIVE ME A BREAK!!! LET IT GO!!! "NAMI-YOHO-RENGEKYO!!!" Repeat this phrase by starting slowly at first like this: "NAM- I - YO - HO - RENGE - KYO" followed by increasing the tempo each time you repeat the same phrase until it sounds like "NAMIYOHORENGEKYO!!!" :) :) :)... And I can almost guarantee that you will totally forget whatever it was that upset you in the first place!!!"

I am not, and never was upset.  You've got no case to rest.

What I have learned from this is I could have (and should have) PM'd the poster with my question.  Point taken, and thank you Henry.  Could I make a friendly suggestion to you?  Next time don't get upset before you know the full story!  What did you say, "NAMIYOHORENGEKYO"...
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-21-2009 16:59 Edited 08-21-2009 22:09
Well at least I know that I got my point across, and thank you for sharing!!! Too bad that you have to fear about opening up inappropriate content while at work although I completely understand why :( :( :( Btw, may I ask the time zone you're in??? It looks as though you're either working late shift, or live in a different time zone from what I see on your original post. :)

May I offer you a suggestion that will help you avoid this in the future... Open the content at home, or anywhere else for that matter!!! ;)   "K.I.S.S." Now I most DEFINITELY REST MY CASE!!! LOL!!! :) :) :)

Henry
Parent - - By fbrieden (***) Date 08-21-2009 22:36
Can't we just have a group hug and sing "Kumbaya" ?
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-22-2009 00:32 Edited 08-23-2009 05:38
Hie-hie-hie-hie-hieha!!! :) :) :) ROTFLMFAO!!!

Unfortunately they don't know how!!!! - to sing that is, or enjoy laughing at themselves even if it's only once in a while because after all...
Haven't you heard??? They're MORALLY SUPERIOR!!! RIGHT!!!

They don't want anyone to think that they're like us who in their tiny little clumps of gay, err - I mean gray matter think it's reprehensible to be associated with anyone who expresses themselves like we do Fran!!!

I guess it's a double edged sword to be someone who posts for the most part a majority of relevant "Stuff" to also become singled out for expressing themselves as someone who's honestly unafraid to say what he means as well as mean what he says - OHHH NO-NO-NO-NO_NO!!!

That's just too much of a hassle for these so - called self proclaimed professional experts who for the most part only respond to things that may read as being offensive, or controversial in their own pathetic, little masses of gray (Hmmm, I wonder if I spelled that right??? ;)) matter that unfortunately occupies the space between their pathetic little heads... I mean rarely do you see these individuals who spend most of their time in here reading the posts in here and only responding to them, ever posting up new topics!!! Ever wonder why???

I've come to the conclusion that for the most part, and I don't want anyone to think that I'm casting a blanket accusation in here although, the stats definitely back up my observation - that the majority of these individuals have no sense of originality, or creativity in them whatsoever!!! And that Fran is really the most shameful aspect of it all!!!

Well, I've got to spend more time getting ready to start another teaching gig in a few weeks so, I wont be here as much as I have been lately which will probably result in the BBS Grand Central becoming rather boring in comparison. :) :) :) I can almost hear the cheers coming from all of the gutless, pathetic, wusses who wish that I just disappear from here because of my brutally honest opinions, and abrasive, offensive, insulting remarks that remind themselves all too often of how they once were before they swallowed the bitter pill of conformity in becoming well behaved little lemmings who follow the self proclaimed pied pipers into the ocean of mediocrity and to their spiritual deaths, hiding behind their own protective shields of denial (it's not a river in Egypt!!!) in the name of being morally superior to those that choose to speak their minds in here, and who are unafraid to challenge them when they point their fingers at comments that do not even merit critique from these shallow minded, spiritually dead, and decaying, dim witted pukes because, that just makes me want to pummel them to a pulp!!! However, I also know that in doing so, itwill not do any good either and will only justify their criticism of me in the first place!!!

So instead, I'm just going to as we say in the SS: Dive down just past the thermals... Steady as she goes, and surface on occasion while performing some "Angles & Dangles" just to see how boring this place will become because, the air in this "joint" has become rather stagnant with MALE COW EXCREMENT lately!!! ( Sorry Al, but I couldn't resist! ;) )

Besides, I have more important things to do nowadays... I've gotta get ready to prepare some of the future welders who will keep the morally superior (Yeah Right!) inspectors in here who think only as "automatrons," and whose heads get swollen enough into thinking that they're the only authority when it comes to welding yet for the most part, couldn't deposit a decent bead if their lives depended on it - much less with a mirror or two (Yep, I still practice with mirrors and mine don't break!!!) , and couldn't last a week on a job as a welder even though they think that they could because, after all - they can run a flat deposit that looks like a machine did it... Well so can a MONKEY!!! Give me a FRIGGIN BREAK!!!

Yep, you read it right - I'm gonna be teaching again part-time at night so I can spend more time enjoying what I really love to do and what is after all my true purpose in life...
I know you can understand where I'm coming from Fran... It will also make it easier for me to tolerate the chemotherapy by becoming more active physically and nights seem to suit me better than days. ;)

So, if the President can take a break in the middle of a debate who's own popularity ratings have dropped from 67% approval to 37.5% - not that it really matters to me personally, then so can I but I'll be back recharged, and ready to post almost as much as I respond in here!!! ;) ;) ;) Not many can claim that and the ones that do, I consider friends and esteemed colleagues Fran!!! Yeah you're one of them too - Pal!!! :) :) :)

Take care and don't let em push you around... As Billy Joel once said at the end of a concert at Yankee Stadium which I was so fortunate to have backstage passes to: "Good Night New York!!! Don't Take any Sh!t from anyone!!!" ;) And the band played on!!! ;) I can just picture Ross sighing as he reads this!!! :) :) :) LMAO

Respectfully,
Henry  
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-22-2009 06:11
Mr Tom woke from his nap saying MEEEOOOOWWWWW !!!
Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 08-22-2009 06:29 Edited 08-22-2009 06:46
Sad to say that Monty had other plans for the night...
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-22-2009 07:26
Well now, if we're gonna show our feline friends then what the heck!!! ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Attachment: tinyninjas.bmp (492k)
Attachment: treat.bmp (900k)
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 08-23-2009 04:10
Today My cat dropped the "Bluebird of Happiness" on the portch. She was happy about it even if the bird wasn't.
Parent - By FixaLinc (****) Date 08-22-2009 07:48
HICCUP ! 
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / UT Helper