Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / The new Dallas Cowboys Stadium will offer $60 pizzas
- - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-22-2009 13:21 Edited 08-22-2009 13:48
By Chris Chase

Update: In the post below, we link to a story from the Lincoln Journal World's Web site that contained a number of inaccuracies.

According to the Cowboys, the 20-inch pizzas at the new stadium will cost $60, not $90 as reported. (That's the same price they were in the suites at Texas Stadium.) There will be five different types of pizza available for that price. Beer will be sold for $5.

The suites themselves will range from $100,000 to $500,000 per year. That lease will include tickets to Cowboys games, but not third-party events.
The colossal new Dallas Cowboys Stadium is living proof that everything is bigger in Texas. The menu in the luxury suites proves that things there are more expensive too.

Those enjoying a Cowboys game from a luxury suite at the new stadium will have to shell out $90 for pizza and $66 for a 12-pack of domestic beer, reports Steven Sipple of the Lincoln Journal World. Ninety bucks for pizza? That's almost as much of a rip-off as Roy Williams.

It costs $800,000 per year to lease one of those luxury suites, a hefty sum that doesn't include game tickets. On the bright side, the stadium's official Web site says that "having your company's name on a suite makes an important statement about your success" and can help make an impression on clients. (Namely that they're paying you way too much money.)

As for the $90 pizza, that's the cost for a plain pizza. No word on how much each topping costs but, suffice it to say, if you're a fan of pepperoni you may want to consider refinancing your mortgage before you head down to watch the Cowboys. :) :) :)

Man!!! I'll make the pizza for half that price, and it will probably taste better than what they got to offer!!! ;) :) :)

There's a place in San Antonio I went to a while back that makes pizzas that are 42 inches in diameter, and weigh over thirty pounds for probably the same price unless they read this story and start charging more!!! :) :) :)

BTW, here's the link to the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium, and man is it ever the biggest I've ever seen!!!:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/home.cfm

Here's the links to the photo gallery & videos:

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/photo_gallery.cfm

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/multimedia.cfm

All I can say is AWESOME!!! ;) And I'm not even a Cowboys fan!!! Who knows buddy (JRW159)??? This may just be their year - that is if they get past you know who -
The PITTSBURGH STEELERS - THAT'S WHO!!!;) Sorry John but, I couldn't resist ;)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 08-22-2009 13:47
Oh yeah I almost forgot about these two links:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cowboys_Stadium

I just cannot get over how cool this stadium turned out to be so AWESOME!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By johnnyh (***) Date 08-22-2009 17:57
I am sure those links to that silly stadium are great but the link that is more important is the one to the pizza spot in SATX that has the 42" pizza.  The better football will be played in the southern part of the state this year.  I will be in these bleachers for the tussle with the New Orleans Aints tonight.
Parent - By rjc5510 (*) Date 08-22-2009 20:08
I'll be there next monday, but on the purple side. Gotta see #4 in the jersey when i can. The vikings closest game after that is against carolina.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 08-22-2009 15:18
Henry,
  My friend, the new stadium is truly an awesome sight but I doubt it will make them a better team. LOL  $60 pizza's..... I think I would rather have one made by you as well. All I can hope right now is that the pre-season game with Oakland is not indicative of the rest of their year. Yeah Kaye, we got spanked. :-)

FWIW I am also a fan of the Steelers. About half of my family and in-laws are Steelers fans. I am sure you remember Super Bowl XXX Jan. 28, 1996 when the Cowboys won 27 to 17 against the Steelers, well I ran my mouth pretty good through that game and had it not been close friends and family, I might not have made it out of there. We had quite a good time between all of us that day.

jrw159 
Parent - - By PlasmaHead2 (***) Date 08-22-2009 16:51
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Punt-hits-video-screen-at-new-Cowboys-Stadium?urn=nfl,184487

For all the money and time and effort they spent, you think they would have thought about this... ;) :)
Parent - - By bozaktwo1 (***) Date 08-23-2009 11:44
Dang.  Beat me to it.  :)  This could be a veeerrry interesting season in the big 'D'.
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 08-23-2009 14:46
rjc5510,

With the "Cash for Clunkers" ending this Monday, coach Childress knew he had to act quickly in order to get Brett to sign with the Vikings.  We Packer fans know the only real reason that Brett signed with the Vikings is so that he'd know what it feels like to throw to their offense instead of their defense.  The $25 million he signed for over the next two years averages out to roughly $100 per interception.  The Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears are reportedly very excited about his signing with the Vikings because that guarantees both teams two wins this season.  In an interview yesterday, Brett said that he didn't come to Minnesota to lose.....  but to me, it's just like what he said when he said he was retiring.
Parent - - By rjc5510 (*) Date 08-23-2009 16:39
haha... i'm actually a packer fan but it's always been a dream of mine to see Favre play. The last time he came to Texas i was in Baton Rouge on a job. Trust me i'd rather see him throwing to Jennings and Driver.
Parent - - By swnorris (****) Date 08-24-2009 01:54
I've been a die hard Packer fan for 43 years.  I hated to see Brett in another uniform.  I've been a big fan of his since he joined the Packers.  I watched all his games as a Jet and I'll watch all his games as a Viking.  I think the Packers are better on offense without him.  I've watched both Packer pre-season games.  The offense under Rodgers looks sharp and the new 3-4 defense is looking good. 
Parent - By rjc5510 (*) Date 08-24-2009 03:35
oh yeah rogers has stepped up. and the D is alot better now. the  defense is all that kept them out of the playoffs last year.
Parent - By OBEWAN (***) Date 08-24-2009 12:12
Maybe if they sell enough pizza they will buy themselves another jet.  I miss seeing the old one when I go through DFW on the way to San Diego.  It was always parked there with the big blue cowboys helmet on the tail.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / The new Dallas Cowboys Stadium will offer $60 pizzas