Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Software
- - By BryonLewis (****) Date 08-24-2009 12:22
Anyone ever use C-Spec WeldOffice software?  I've never used it but it looks like it would make life simpler for us in the welding industry.

http://www.cspec.com/index.htm
Parent - By Chris Nichols Date 08-27-2009 01:12
Hey Byron,
I am rare to post on here, read more than anything else.  I know that my QA dept. is looking into using this software, but we haven't fully purchased it yet.  I've seen some sample PQR's and such and it seems to work really well.  It will definitely help us in standardizing a lot of our WPS's from over the years and those to come.  Not sure if this'll help much, but better than nothing at all I suppose.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-29-2009 11:59
I have used it quite a bit. The WeldOffice software allows for creation of code compliant WPS, PQR's and WPQ's with relative ease. Built in Code checking, materials database, search functions etc all make it a great product as compared to white out, word processors, excel etc.

Many people prefer their own Home Made application and there are some advantages to that. Flexibility, knowledge of how it works etc. However the cost is high, training documentation is costly to develop, code checking is not included, etc.

I have worked for Cspec providing support, if anyone is ever interested in a demo, I can setup a gotomeeting online and go through some of the features. Send me a message or email me. 1st part of my email is gerald. The rest is cspec . com.

Id love to hear feedback from anyone using any other commercial product, things they like, dont like etc,.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 08-29-2009 12:09
One other product I like if someone is an ASME person is the turbo INT. A database of all of the interpretations written for each ASME code with the ability to search for words, by code para number etc.

It can be seen at http://cspec.com/csp-int.htm . Same deal on a demo. Email or message me if interested.

Gerald Austin
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Welding Software