Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 1975 Lincoln 250
- - By DaveP66 (*) Date 04-01-2002 08:55
Hello, the other day i got an offer to purchase a used welder. A 1975 Lincoln 250. The owner says it has a new engine, the main panel is brand new and the whole electrical system was rehauled. Says runs and welds great. The only thing it needs is a new top hood and some leads and its ready to roll. He is asked 1000 bucks for it.

so if indeed what he is saying is true and the welder is as good as he says..its it worth a grand...or how much is it really worth...im guessing its a square deal..any thoughts would be appriciated and some tips on what to look for.

Thanks
David
Parent - By pipeliner1 (*) Date 07-16-2002 04:58

IT`S a good deal , some of the bests years made were in the early 70`s ,I have a 76 model ,, and it hasn`t been reworked and it`s still welding great,, if he done everything he said he did I would jump on it ,, but it still wouldn`t hurt to throw some leads on it and try it out before ya buy it ,, but it sounds like a good deal ,,

good luck !!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent - By pipeliner1 (*) Date 07-16-2002 05:06

PS,,, a hood doesn`t cost a lot ,, you can order one from big 3 welding supply ,, but one thing you need to ask ,, IS ,, did he change the armature,, the 70`s came with copper,, then lincoln changed to aluminum ,,which aren`t worth a shit ,, they later changed back,, to copper but there are still a few aluminun floating around !!!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / 1975 Lincoln 250