Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Accu-Strike chin-operated hands free welding helmet
- - By chris2698 (****) Date 08-30-2009 23:25
Very strange welding shield anyone seen one of these http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc6hmFZ2faQ

Looks like it maybe good if you do lots of tacking and if you have like 5 chins it will help you burn that off LOL

http://www.accustrike.com/
Parent - By tighand430 (***) Date 08-31-2009 01:59
I'll stick with the auto lenses in my hoods. As far as the autos not working in the cold, it was -15 workin in MN last winter an never had any problems with mine. Plus the hood looks flimsy and would melt pretty quick if you got against somethin hot. Plus, I'd have copenhagen spit runnin down my chin from openin an closin my mouth all the time. lol
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 08-31-2009 13:06
my friend has a large farm and does a bunch of his own stuff, well as farmers do. He likes it alot but told me he's not much of a welder so it helps so he can get the stick close then close the hood. Looks pretty neat, I did some research on it and cheaper than auto's, made in USA. Love my pancake though and the more I'm out welding in the sun the more I hate the traditional hood.
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 08-31-2009 23:28
cummingsguy you have a pancake?? I'm kinda thinking of getting one. I really think they'd be greta to eliminate the glare for behind you. Which brand do you have??
Parent - - By ruero (**) Date 09-01-2009 01:43
Try wendyspancakes.net
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 09-01-2009 09:17
Thanks and this chin shield has a fan inside it as well to help circulate the air but yeah you would think you're jaw would tired from this
Parent - - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-01-2009 12:52
Chris I have a Wendy's pancake. Love it and comparing by looks online I'd have no other. Plus it's been dropped off a 8 foot step ladder several times and just like a Timex, keeps on tickin'.
Parent - By chris2698 (****) Date 09-01-2009 23:14
Thanks I'm currious of the depth of the pocket to get?? i think the one they call the Chita can take a regular lense or some autodarks and this is the one i thought of getting
Parent - - By okiewelder2 (**) Date 09-01-2009 01:18
looks like your jaw would hurt after awhile
Parent - By Wrench Tech (**) Date 09-02-2009 02:45
I guess the idea is to keep your head down, your mouth shut and weld.  I looks kinda cool but I use my auto darkening helmet with the cutting torch and a clear lense is no good for that.
Parent - By Metarinka (****) Date 09-01-2009 06:12
interesting Idea, it makes sense but I would prefer to stick to my auto darkening hood. I would almost rather have the same chin switch activate an auto darkening hood in some sort of "manual mode"
Parent - By bigrod (**) Date 09-01-2009 14:28
it looks like it would be good for the shop that they filmed it in but not in the field.  i'll take my pancake any day!  

p.s. i would be in the same boat as tighand with the whole copenhagen drool haha!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Accu-Strike chin-operated hands free welding helmet