Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Success!
- - By Mat (***) Date 09-04-2009 21:50 Edited 09-04-2009 21:53
Now as soon as I get my logbook back with the red seal actually inside it, I can do that d*mn Alberta pressure test!

Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 09-04-2009 22:03 Edited 09-04-2009 22:11
(Double posted)
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-04-2009 22:42
CONGRATULATIONS THERE MAT!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
PROUD BOILERMAKER SINCE 1977
Parent - - By Mat (***) Date 09-05-2009 06:04
Thank you.  :)

I got this in the mail today, it's exactly the same as my "A" level, with the exception of the seal in the top right.

It was a good feeling of accomplishment.  I know it's only a paper document and that for me to get to where I want to be, I'll need to work for the end goal.  Right now, my goal is based on taking an Alberta pressure test, the BCP-100.  If I can pass that, and the economy allows it, hopefully I'll be more employable in the future!
Parent - - By swsweld (****) Date 09-06-2009 02:39
Congrats Mat and good luck with the BCP-100 when you take it. Hopefully the economy will improve (for all of us) so the qualifications can be put to good use.
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 09-06-2009 08:51 Edited 09-06-2009 08:56
Thank you.  :)

I'll be looking into taking the test ASAP and talking to the local college on Monday about setting something up.  The test is done locally the third week of every month, depending on interest.

In the mean time, the job hunt continues.  I'm planning to stop by the local vessel shop again (I've worked there in the past.  I left thinking that I could avoid a layoff by finding work elsewhere...which I did, but I got laid off from the second company anyway!)  While I'm not thrilled about having to consider another shop job as my long term goal has been to get out into the field, but with the way the economy is, I've come to realize that I'll have to take what I can find.  As sad as it sounds, after so many months off, I miss welding.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Success!