Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / AWS CWI of the Year AWARD
- - By Joseph P. Kane (****) Date 09-07-2009 16:43
Attention CWIs and SCWIs!

Now is the time for FORUM members to consider nominating another CWI, or even yourself for the national level CWI of the Year Award.  The AWS Districts have already submitted their nominations.  Open nominations or self nominations may be submitted up until 25 October 2009.

The rules for submission of nominations are on the AWS Web Site.   Verbal nominations are not acceptable.  The requirements for the nomination submission package are extensive, and must be followed.

In the past, many Forum Members have derided the idea of nominating yourself for this prestigious award.  However, the self nomination process is the only way most CWIs can get nominated.  Without this access, the field of nominees will be limited to persons nominated by the AWS Sections.  By default, this usually means that a nominee has to be involved with an AWS Section.  AWS Section activity and involvement is not possible for many CWIs.  I understand the concept that "Self Praise Stinks", but believe me, if you are self nominated and get chosen by the Selection Committee, then approved by the Certification Committee to receive the the award, you will truly deserve it.  The selection process is quite critical.

If you are interested, please download and read the submission requirements off the AWS Web Site.  If you have any questions after that, you can  call me (631-235-6742) or E-mail me for assistance.

Joe Kane   
Parent - By 3.2 Inspector (***) Date 09-07-2009 18:53
In the past, many Forum Members have derided the idea of nominating yourself for this prestigious award.

Please hold back on the gramma errors!

Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / AWS CWI of the Year AWARD