Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / We should NEVER forget
- - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 09-09-2009 23:48 Edited 09-09-2009 23:51
This is what they want us to remember about 911

This is what we better NEVER forget or forgive!
The second picture is very disturbing!
Attachment: 911theywanttoremember.jpg (0B)
Attachment: 911theywantustoforget.jpg (0B)
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 09-10-2009 00:50
I certainly remember both. Wish everyone did.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-10-2009 01:28
I could not forget even if I wanted to. I can only imagine those that had it hit closer to "Home".

jrw159
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 09-10-2009 01:42
It is sad how people forget....
Parent - - By RioCampo (***) Date 09-10-2009 02:09
I can tell you exactly where I was at when it happened. I still think we should have nuked the SOB's.
Parent - - By low_hydrogen (**) Date 09-11-2009 02:15
YEP! liquid sand Should have saved more americans (soldiers) and just made a great big night light over there! IMO. I still don't understand why we go in destroy a city then give them money to rebuild? maybe it's my age or lack of knowledge but I assumed the idea was to go in kill a bunch of terriost seize any w.o.m.d. and get out with a few dictators heads?  Seems to me that acting as world police is just breeding more hate for america. Shouldn't we have just gone in wiped out as many bad guys as possible and let the people of that country have a chance to defend themselves?  I've never been over their and don't keep up with politics but that's just how it looks to an average joe here at home.....

I might add god bless the men and women who have gone and are there for doing a job I can't imagine, while I lot of us are home complaining about lack of work and low wages while our american soliders are in harms way for very little money.....God Bless you and your families!!!
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 09-11-2009 15:27
I've wondered the same thing too.  We destroyed Germany....we rebuilt Germany.  We destroyed Japan....we rebuilt Japan.  I can understand the world-wide effects of why Europe had to be rebuilt.  But apparantly the more modern wars, Korea to Afghanistan have been about nothing.  Some will say, "To stop the spread of Communism".  That's bull shyte.  We love Communist China.  Thank you President Nixon. 

China gives us cheap and or inexpensive products that get overpriced on the store shelves, thanks Wal-Mart.

Now we're are fighting "terrorists".  At least that's how it started in Iraq.  But by deposing Saddam we have stirred up a hornets nest.  Once we get out then the civil war begins.  Thanks Mr. Bush.  So until another Saddam takes over Iraq there will always be issues.  Afghanistan on the other hand, nothing will ever get them people straight.  Just leave them alone and the tribes will fight it out.

One side note that I've wondered about is what ever happened to the "airport security" that let those d*ck heads on the planes with G** D**n box cutters.  Pocket knife I could see, but box cutters.  Holy F***ing S**t.  Come on now.

Miserere nobis, Domine.
Parent - - By uphill (***) Date 09-11-2009 22:52
The black  sea would have had a twin if I would have had the button. We did wipe out some real nutz types but the problem is telling them from the good ones. They cant all be looney?  I was working when I heard the radio coverage and the sinking feeling when the second plane hit took days to adjust to. Numbs a person into a dull ache. It took a long time to think correectly after.

Hats off to our service men and women for putting themselves into harms way. We as a nation of freedoms known few places on earth would be another money sucking whole without them.  Bad enough that we have to fight internally about blame and shame.  The families of these servicemen and women have also suffered by the absence of their loved ones, hats off to them also.

Dave
Parent - By BryonLewis (****) Date 09-12-2009 03:06
"War is hell on the home front too......"
Parent - By rlitman (***) Date 09-10-2009 16:02
I can never forget the conversation I had will someone on the Staten Island Ferry, arriving at the pier during the attack.
Neither can I forget the lingering smell a block from ground zero, a week later.
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-10-2009 02:12 Edited 09-10-2009 15:13
Let's not forget these folks either!!!

http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?tid=22416

I will NEVER FORGET WHAT HAPPENED THAT DAY!!! I WILL NEVER FORGET THE MEMORIES OF MY FRIENDS WHO I GREW UP WITH WHO DIED ON THAT TERRIBLE DAY!!! :)

People say how deep this day affected them, and I understand what they mean, and yet to me as well as a lot of other folks who lost a relative or close friend that day, or to those who have lost a family member, friend or even someone that they hardly knew yet knew of them since that day as a result of responding to a call of service in the defense of our way of life, who made the ultimate sacrifice, who are forever changed from life changing wounds as a result of serving their country.
THIS WAS, IS AND FOREVER WILL BE PERSONAL!!! NEVER FORGET EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENED THAT DAY!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By ronnie taylor (**) Date 09-11-2009 15:07
MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ON THIS MOST SOMBEREST OF DAYS !!!

SINCERELY,
Ronnie and family
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 09-12-2009 00:12
A Young woman Who now has children old enough to understand 911 wanted to teach them about the truth of 911 as it was understood on the next day . In her plan see had the kids research 1 name Gather some of their story , and remember them.
That’s awesome and I will do the same.

(I will never say it’s a day of service …insulting …O)
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 09-12-2009 06:32
No sir. Keep that **** in China.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / We should NEVER forget