Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / an old rancher gets stitch's
- - By CWI555 (*****) Date 09-13-2009 15:27
While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher, who's hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually the topic got around to Obama and first five months as President.

The old rancher said, 'Well, ya know, Obama is a 'Post Turtle''..
Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him, what a 'post turtle' was.

The old rancher said, 'When you're driving down a country road and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that's a 'post turtle'.

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor's face so he continued to explain. 'You know he didn't get up there by himself, he doesn't belong up there, he doesn't know what to do while he's up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumb ass put him up there to begin with'.
Parent - By dbigkahunna (****) Date 09-13-2009 16:20
Many years ago when I was looking to "discover" myself I worked for a rancher north of Sweetwater Texas. His family had settled in Nolan County in the late 19th century and had gone through the 30's and the drought of the 1950's. These were pretty bad times for ranchers in central and west Texas and you still hear stories of how people were starved off huge ranches because of lack of rain.
We were working on some equipment and discussing the weather. This was 1979 and was really dry. I asked "Mr Gus, how  do you know when a drought is over"? Gus Rogers was a man who while being able to go long stretches without saying a word, could not tell you what time is is without teaching you about building a wrist watch.
He replied, "You can tell when you are in a really bad drought when the worst cowboy on the country comes to church on Sunday morning, gets down his knees and prayes, "God PLEASE let it rain". You know the drought is over when the same cowboy comes to church on Sunday, gets down on his knees and prays "God, please let the rain STOP!"
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-13-2009 16:55
HI Gerald!

Yep! That pretty much describes it in a nut shell err, I mean turtle shell!!! :) :) :) Which is all that will be left after 2010!!! ;) ;) ;)

Excellent analogy Gerald!!! :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By darren (***) Date 09-14-2009 02:27
the question is now how do you take him down without being called a turtle hater?
whomever did put him up there sure is a cunning stratigest.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-14-2009 14:58
Excellent question....to say anything contrary, you are instantly labled a hater, a racist, and a right wing extremist.
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 09-14-2009 15:30
They can label me whatever they wish, a terd is a terd no matter what kind of pretty ribbon they wrap around it.
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-14-2009 14:30
:-)
Parent - By CWI555 (*****) Date 09-14-2009 15:31
LOL, Now thats funny.
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / an old rancher gets stitch's