Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How to find work for specialty welding
- By microfusiondan (*) Date 09-17-2009 21:48
  My partner and I own a company which specializes in precision welding. I've been doing this type of welding for the past 19 years. Prior to that I worked in a mold shop and obtained my tool and die papers. Up until a year ago I was running my business as a sole proprietor. Then I went in with a partner and formed an LLC. My partner also has a small tool and die shop.Our plans were for him to handle sales and administrative tasks so I could focus on welding. That has not gone as planned. His shop has been fairly busy and that has taken him from being able to do sales. I understand somewhat, but then he will make the statement that we should cut back on hours for the welding side since we don't have the work. I own part of the welding business but have no financial interest in the tool and die shop. My feelings are if we don't have welding work then maybe we should focus on sales. Which is what I've been doing lately. He seems to think I should be helping his tool and die shop. For which I would be paid and hourly rate. But I feel someone needs to be doing the sales, because thats where my financial interest is.
Not sure if my feelings are correct or not. The type of welding I do is a niche and when the molding industry is good my business is good as well.Would like some input on other areas I could apply what I know. Or maybe I should keep calling on molding and tool and die type businesses.

To give better understanding. I've included some pics of my work
Any input is appreciated.
Attachment: DSC02830iii.jpg (0B)
Attachment: DSC02800.JPG (0B)
Attachment: slot-weld1.jpg (0B)
Attachment: IMG_31862SmallLarge.jpg (0B)
Attachment: BowlSpinner01PPPP2.jpg (0B)
Attachment: P80502181Large.jpg (0B)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / How to find work for specialty welding