Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Most demanding customer ever
- - By Johnyutah (**) Date 09-22-2009 15:43 Edited 09-22-2009 16:04
So I took on a huge project for one of the biggest slave drivers I have ever met, from the word go it's all I heard about. I attached a picture of her and her partner you can tell that there just ruthless no rest until completion.
Attachment: SNV33354.JPG (84k)
Attachment: SNV33355.JPG (0B)
Attachment: SNV33325.JPG (82k)
Parent - - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-22-2009 16:19
Johnyutah,
  Boy you stepped in it on this job. LOL

jrw159
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 09-22-2009 16:59
Gonna be a lot more "out of pocket" expenses on this one.
18 years ahead of you of the toughest project you'll ever LOVE!
Parent - - By Johnyutah (**) Date 09-23-2009 01:58
Thought that might lighten things up a little but I'll tell you what I was working my but off every day to keep that girl happy. The school bus stopping out front was like the P.M pulling op on a job site never knew if it would be good or bad.
Parent - By jrw159 (*****) Date 09-23-2009 12:36
OH my that is funny buddy! It will be well worth it when it is finished. :-) I have all the faith in the world that you can successfully complete this job, maybe at a financial loss, but the end of job "benefits" will more than make up for it.

Have fun,
jrw159
Parent - - By welderbrent (*****) Date 09-23-2009 14:09
Johny,  As John said, the end of job 'benefits' sure make it worth it.  When you walk them down the aisle that one fine day.  WOW!!  What joy and happiness.  Then, when you get to make those runs to the hospital because you are now a grandpa.  THEN, as last weekend for me, we had my parents down from OR, the married kids all came over with their kids, 1- 4yrs, 1- 1 1/2yr, 1- 4mo, & 1- 4wks.  Four generations just having a good time. 

We have started a similar project in the back yard for the grandkids.  Thanks for the pics and the moment of what's really important in this world.

Have a Great Day,  Brent
Parent - - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-23-2009 21:36
My father always told me that he felt sad for the fellows that never raised a family because a family will bring more joy to your life than anything else ever can.

He was so right. Raising our kids was work, but it was the type of work you love. They were the reason you toiled every day, but every moment spent with them made the effort worthwhile.

Now my children are grown and have “wee ones” of their own. I'm blessed that they came home after college, married hometown boys and settled in the same town as my wife and me. I can't believe the how much I enjoy those grandchildren and I hate to say it, but I love to spoil them. 

The one nice play set you built. I built a couple over the years when my children were small, the sets are still in use, but I have to say, my efforts were armature hour compared to what you show in the photographs. Excellent job.

Best regards - Al
Parent - - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-28-2009 09:04 Edited 09-29-2009 06:09
Dont get me wrong by this post im truly glad you have all your kids and grand children. But what do you do when you have to put your 1 and only in the ground. And all thats left are step kids and only 1 of then loves you?
Parent - By 803056 (*****) Date 09-29-2009 01:16
Love the one you have.

Al
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 09-29-2009 04:14
Shad my hope for you is that some day SOON the good lord will bless you and take some of the burden you have carried so long. A man never knows what he can bear until he has too. God bless you and give you peace, and happiness my friend. AMEN!!!
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-29-2009 06:15
Thank you brother
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 09-29-2009 04:56
Hello Shad, I'm with Matthew. As tough as it is, you have a lot to offer to those who are willing to allow you the chance, similarly you need to offer them the chance as well. That road isn't an easy one and lots of the time it has very little recognizable gratification back to you. It will likely take a good deal of maturing on their parts and the realization that you are a role model that should be followed as an example of how to deal with adversity in one's life. I am very fortunate to have not been tried in my life in the ways you have, yet, I can certainly recognize your strength and never-quit attitude and I salute you for that and look up to you. Best regards, your friend, Allan 
Parent - By raftergwelding (*****) Date 09-29-2009 06:20
Thanks allan you always manage to lift me ur with your wisdom
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 09-26-2009 12:00
I figured it was either the wife or a daughter. Cute kids and one heck of a job on the playground equipment!!
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 09-26-2009 20:04
God bless those little capitalists.
MDK
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 09-28-2009 06:59
"Is it done yet?....Oh...How about now?....No?  Why not?!  It should be done by now!"  :)
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Most demanding customer ever