Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Question? Need help
- - By cole (*) Date 09-24-2009 15:16
Like an idiot I ran my Duramax out of fuel last night. Anyone know what I need to do to get it started?

Thanks
Parent - By Johnyutah (**) Date 09-24-2009 16:16
There should be an air bleeder around the filter cycle the pump a few times by turning the key forward but don't turn over the motor. Once you start getting fuel out of the bleeder hold the throttle down and turn it over when it starts keep it throttled up for a bit just incase there is more air in the lines.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 09-24-2009 22:16
I can't speak for the 08 and up models but on my 06 the primer is built into the top of the fuel filter housing. Looks like a steel cap on top of the filter housing. This is the manual primer and you pump it until you can feel the pressure is built up in the system. Cycling the ignition will not prime my system it must be done manually from the primer. Hope this helps.
Parent - By cole (*) Date 09-24-2009 22:38
Thanks guys. I had to prime it and then bleed the air out. it took 4 or 5 times doing this and it fired right up. Took about 20 minutes. Thanks for the info and don't be like me and drive with the E light on! My girlfriend ran out of gas not to long ago and I gave her heck over it, and Here I am doing the same thing! I felt like a jacka**. Oh and she let me know it!

Thanks
Cole
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Question? Need help