Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Looking For Certified Testing Labs
- - By RobHolif Date 04-16-2002 01:36
We are looking to establish a list of Prequalified Testing Labs for qualification of field welders on DOTD projects.Other than personal experience with a number of labs,I`m looking for some resource to list possible cantidates for the list. I`m not sure if there is a certification requirement for these labs or not, and I`m trying to be fair and impartial in including all possibilities. Anyone have any suggestions?....Thanks...RobHolif
Parent - - By Wildturkey (**) Date 04-16-2002 11:34
Rob,
you might try checking with the DOT. I know in south carolina the DOT has an approved list of testing agencies.
Parent - - By RobHolif Date 04-19-2002 01:21
Thanks for the response.Actually,I am with Louisiana DOTD and trying to compile the list for DOTD use on field projects. In the past we qualified all ourselves,but workforce has trimmed to the point that we don`t have the time. Was hoping to find what agency might list "certified" labs.I saw ASTM had a list ,but,I didn`t want to invest the amount they wanted to purchase it without knowing if it would contain useful entries.
Parent - - By MBSims (****) Date 04-19-2002 02:55
You should consider using any welder qualified at an AWS Accredited Testing Facility. There is a list you can download at:

http://www.aws.org/certification/CW/

Scroll down to Item 5 and click on Domestic.

Marty
Parent - By RobHolif Date 04-19-2002 19:40
Thanks for the info.Unfortunatly,the list would give me only one site,so I am still looking.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / Looking For Certified Testing Labs