Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / find shop Pickle fork the only tool to separate tierods from
- - By Dreammama Date 09-28-2009 05:23 Edited 09-28-2009 18:15
[deleted]
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 09-28-2009 14:37
Couldn't say about that, never attempted to re-use a tie-rod end. 

We have put an old none locking nut on and beat them out but thats no a recommended method. If it is worth you time (concidering tthe cost of Tie-Rod ends) you could build a simple enough puller that might look something like and old Tube flareing tool.
Parent - - By JMCInc (**) Date 09-28-2009 17:05
When I say hammer I mean a single jack or a large ball peen. If I can't get a good swing on it, and the circumstances are right, I'll put a two legged gear puller with the forceing screw putting pressure on the end of the tie rod. Then give a good tap with a hammer. The puller will fly off but the tie rod will usually pop out. I've done this many times to replace c-v boots and 4X4 u-joints.

Luck,
Jon
Parent - - By JMCInc (**) Date 09-28-2009 17:27
Please accept my apologies, I just realized the above has nothing to do with welding. Just trying to help out.

Jon
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-28-2009 17:39
Sounds like shop talk to me  :)
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-28-2009 18:10
This "Dreammama" character is nothing more than another spam scammer!!! If you look where it says:

"---------------------
recettes de céréales bio"

You will notice that it is a link to another site which this person plants in their post so they can get as many folks in here to click therefore giving this poster as many hits as possible so they can make money off of our own lack of understanding how this system works...

Now I'm not against anyone trying to make a buck but, to do it using such deceptive practices, and with the  potential for any of us to click on a virus laden site  or a site full of spam which will clog up your browser really get's me angry!!!

When I post a link, I make darn sure that the link is virus free but, how do I know if any of these spam scammers do the same??? So, please everyone! Be careful with posters like this one or anyone who posts that are new by looking at their call sign and noticing that they have no diamonds should get your attention first, I would then click their handle (Their name posted) and look for the date the joined the forum which will usually be very recent if not the same day as the present!!!

If you do see something like what I just described, then I would hesitate to click on a link in the post because of the potential for the link sending you to a link that may or may not have a virus or laden with more spam instead, I suggest that you click the "Report" link to warn Ross or John who are one of the administrators and a moderator in this forum, and they will take appropriate action to get rid of the post.

We all need to remain diligent and act as look out's for both Ross and John because they cannot cover all of these posts which are spread out all over the forum's different sections so, if we can give them a hand, we'll be able to help in keeping this forum from being populated with spam infected posts!!!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-28-2009 18:16
Henry,
I took out the link, thanks for the heads up.
Parent - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 09-28-2009 18:22
Anytime John!

Respectfully,
Henry
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 09-28-2009 18:17
DreammammaSpammaScamma
Parent - - By JMCInc (**) Date 09-28-2009 18:31
Yeah, that's why I posted an apology. Normally I'll check a new name out but I was in a rush. Typical Monday. I went back and check'd the user out. Brand new, no info, sketchy user name. That's when I figured it out. Oh well, fool me one time.......

Jon
Parent - - By RonG (****) Date 09-28-2009 18:40
Thanks Henry, I walked right in to it with both eyes wide shut but I did'nt click on the link.
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 09-28-2009 18:52
I read right over it too...never clicked the link. I generally scan the links that get posted, but I missed this one entirely.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / find shop Pickle fork the only tool to separate tierods from