Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Rig out a 2003 F350 with a TB 301D need help....
- - By GQ COWBOY (*) Date 10-04-2009 13:54
Well, my follow Experts in rig weld, I can't do the office Eng. Designer roll anymore, just to much bull. So, going to make it
as a rig welder, which, I do understand, that things are slow for all. I have been dreaming of this for sometime. I love to weld and fab.
Plan to use the current bed for now, at lease until I get some work...
I'm located about 30mins west of houston. Any work around there let me know...

What I need help with is:
I have the machine now, and in need of a few things to complete it.
A tig unit for startes. Type ? Price ?
Rack for bottles...etc....

Any other advice you have my ears and eyes are so open right now..

Thanks
GQ Cowboy
Parent - - By pypLynr (***) Date 10-04-2009 14:22
Well cowboy , please don't take this wrong but if you weld and fabricate .. you should make your racks and stuff . 99% of us did . I can promise you ... going from the office to the field is one heck of a jump .  Good luck.
   Look around at gas stations and markets and get ideas from other welders' trucks . Talk to them and ask Q's .
Parent - By GQ COWBOY (*) Date 10-04-2009 14:37
Your right for sure, I should make that stuff, I've been looking at welding truck for a while.
I know it's a hack of a jump, but I feel if you don't try to make your goals and dreams come true, then you
never doing anything... just me.. thanks for the Good luck..

Thanks
Cowboy
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Rig out a 2003 F350 with a TB 301D need help....