Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Guided Bend Test Jig
- - By DoktahZ Date 10-05-2009 19:42
I heard a rumor that Hobart provides a prefabricated jig for performing the Guided Bend Tests required for WQR's test results. I am interested in setting a jig up in my laboratory but haven't the faintest where to start looking for an accurate fab shop who could produce a cost effective set up. Where do I go about locating either a fabricator experienced in producing D1.1 acceptable jigs or a ready made one I can buy wholesale?
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 10-05-2009 19:58
Triangle Engineering has excellent wrap-around style benders that can accomodate a number of different sized mandrals. They are spendy but if you are doing a LOT of bending it may be worth it.

Here is a good thread on the forum about this type of thing... Some different home made versions
http://www.aws.org/cgi-bin/mwf/topic_show.pl?pid=134125;hl=

With this info and the detail info in D1.1  any machine shop should be able to produce something that works for you.

Others will surely chime in with even better advice.
Parent - By tighand430 (***) Date 10-05-2009 21:24
Triangle has the best testing stuff. Their benders are real nice an the coupon cutters are awesome, specially if you're doing side bends on heavy wall coupons.
Parent - By MMyers (**) Date 10-06-2009 13:57
Fischer Engineering out of Dayton OH has both three point and wrap around bend testers.  I worked in that shop after school will say that Glen and the guys put out a very well made product, and being a WE/CWI, Glen can help you select the bend tester you need based on your requirements.  Definitely worth checking out, but like the others have mentioned, commercial bend testers are not inexpensive. 
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Guided Bend Test Jig