Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / If it's good for us it's good for them
- - By JLWelding (***) Date 10-07-2009 02:16
Subject:

Subject: HR 615 - Please forward to everyone you know

Subject: HR 615

On Tuesday, the Senate health committee voted 12-11 in favor of a two-page amendment, courtesy of Republican Tom Coburn which would require all Members of Congress and their staff members to enroll in any new government-run health plan.

Congressman John Fleming has proposed an amendment that would require Congressmen and Senators to take the same health care plan that they would force on us. (Under proposed legislation they are exempt.)

Congressman Fleming is encouraging people to go to his Website and sign his petition.  The process is very simple.  I have done just that at:
http://fleming.house.gov/index.html .
Senator Coburn and Congressman Fleming are both physicians.
Regardless of your political beliefs, it sure seems reasonable that Congress should have exactly the same medical coverage that they impose on the rest of us.
Please urge as many people as you can to do the same!

Parent - By weldwade (***) Date 10-07-2009 18:18
Thanks JL!
I tried to check the site out and this is what I got... could be that there are many Red Blooded Americans fighting for the good... or the Liberal A-holes jacking up the site. I'm going to try later.

The page cannot be displayed
There are too many people accessing the Web site at this time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Open the fleming.house.gov home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
HTTP 403.9 - Access Forbidden: Too many users are connected
Internet Information Services

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Background:
This error can occur if the Web server is busy and cannot process your request due to heavy traffic.

More information:
Microsoft Support
Parent - By waccobird (****) Date 10-07-2009 19:15
I don't know where these things originate but people don't check them very much
Sorry, but this is H Res 615. It's a non binding Resolution. Not an amendment or a bill. You can look it up on www.thomas.org.
I believe I read or heard that Rep. Paul Ryan introduced a bill that would require all members to drop their current coverage and sign onto Obamacare, if they voted for it. but that it was quickly squashed like a bug.. don't know the bill number.
This is H Res 615 a non binding Resolution:
H.RES.615
Title: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Members who vote in favor of the establishment of a public, federal government run health insurance option are urged to forgo their right to participate in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program (FEHBP) and agree to enroll under that public option.
Sponsor: Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] (introduced 7/8/2009)
Cosponsors (66)
Latest Major Action: 7/8/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on House Admin
This is the actual hr 615 bill:
H.R.615
Title: To amend the Federal Hazardous Substances Act to require engine coolant and antifreeze to contain a bittering agent so as to render it unpalatable.
Sponsor: Rep Ackerman, Gary L. [NY-5] (introduced 1/21/2009)
Cosponsors (20)
Latest Major Action: 1/21/2009 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce.
h.r.615 2009 is concerning antifreeze and the
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-615

H.R.615 - Antifreeze Bittering Act of 2009
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h615/show
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 10-07-2009 19:42
....moved the topic down here out of the general forums.
-JW
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / If it's good for us it's good for them