Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Want to Interview Manufacturing Welder
- By rrkidd Date 04-18-2002 00:27
Hello:
I am a writer for a career counseling website directed at high school students - MyRoad.com.

I would like to interview a manufacturing welder (rather than a construction welder) who has an associate's degree or a certificate, but not a bachelor's degree (we are trying to reach out to students who don't necessarily want to go to college).

Can you help me?

The interview would be very brief -- the questions are below. You could just e-mail me back answers to my address -- rkidd@myroad.com-- or if you prefer we could talk on the phone.

Here's is an example of a finished interview on our website:
http://myroad.collegeboard.com/careers/informat/index.asp?topic=pers02
login: editguest password: basalt

Thanks to anyone who will help me. Giving a little time for an interview like this could really help someone find their career path.

Rebecca Kidd
510-428-4130 ex. 121

INTERVIEW:
-Name (Your real name, or a pseudonym, you decide.)
-Years in Business
-Hours Per Week
-Annual Salary (either what you make or a typical range for someone in your position, whichever you’re comfortable giving.)
-What do you do? (three to five sentences)
-How did you get this job?
-Where do you see this job taking you in the future?
-What do you like most about this job?
-What do you dislike most about this job?
-What kind of person succeeds at a job like yours?
-What’s the most common misconception people have about what you do?
-What advice do you have for someone interested in pursuing this career?
-Describe a typical day (hour by hour, from the moment you come in to the moment you leave).
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Want to Interview Manufacturing Welder