Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASME IX...TACK WELDER QUAL...QW322
- By cwi49cwe (*) Date 10-11-2009 13:43
This old man needs some ammunition for next weeks QC meeting, I've spent the last 25+ years with AWS and Railroad codes, now it's SECTION 9, I have 2007 with "08" amends, the garbage I've managed to clean up in the last in the first few months even suprised me. The senior welder has always taken care of this responsibility, everyone did it their own way,especially with the WPS and PQRs. This is going to be my last battle before retirement. But I need help........... I remember reading in SEC.9 that it does not indorce or sanction "tack welder quals", now I can't find it, HELP.... also they have a chart on the wall listing all the welders on top and down the left side are weekly dates for the last 5+ years and a process (GMAW, FCAW, etc.) they used that week, that shows who is qualified, "it's in the code, QW322" says the boss, I don't enterpret QW322 that way, HELP..... one more, I have 7 test plates going to a test lab for RT, 304L base metal and a Specialty Metals 686cpt filler, GMAW, Ar-He 75-25 gas, those are for " filler metal" qualification by the code", where in the code is this qualification ?????????? After what I have been reading in the FORUM for the last couple of years I appreciate and respect the caliber of individuals out there, THANKS in advance...........
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / Certifications / ASME IX...TACK WELDER QUAL...QW322