Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance
- By ssbn727 (*****) Date 10-14-2009 06:02 Edited 10-14-2009 06:10
Hi all!

I don't remember if this was posted here before or not but, I was sent an e-mail from a buddy of mine I've known for over forty years and on occasion, he sends me some of the jokes, and other great stuff via the internet since we live so far apart these days and don't have as much time to talk on the phone like we used to...

Nonetheless, we still keep in touch as much as we can, and I was sent this link from him today... It really hit home what most of us in here stand for as well as how we all need to remain vigilant in reminding those snot nosed - lily livered, poor excuses for politicians that are supposed to be representing what our needs and wishes for government just what the pledge stands for, and what it was that they actually pledged to when they first did so as well as when they do so almost on a daily basis!!! They need to be reminded that the pledge is for real, and that they MUST honor its principals as well as recognize that they MUST show more respect to the wishes and needs of the people whom they work for!!!

Before I decide to go off an another one of my rant's in here, I'll just end this post by pasting the link to Red Skelton's Interpretation of the Pledge of Allegiance as it was defined and described to him by his Seventh grade teacher back when he was a child. This teacher understood what the Pledge really meant IMHO!!! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPbIls0iOnI

Then there's This interpretation which I think equally explains it better than any other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Jf3MQpffBc&NR=1

Don't you agree??? :) :) :)

Respectfully,
Henry
Up Topic Chit-Chat & Non-Welding Discussion / Off-Topic Bar and Grill / Red Skelton's Pledge of Allegiance