Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / esab coreshield 8
- - By jffluxcore (**) Date 10-14-2009 21:27
Is esab coreshield 8 a good user friendly wire, to use in many frabication. thanks Jim
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 10-14-2009 23:18
Hello Jim, if self-shielded, high-deposition, seismic qualified filler is your requirement then the ESAB Coreshield 8 is one of the choices that will fit the bill. As to the user-friendly question, it may well be a matter of welder preference. There are other manufacturers that produce similarly qualified fillers and they all have their quirks and idiosyncrasies with regard to setting, running, and manipulating. Lincoln NR-232 is another of these, Hobart also manufacturers an electrode choice that has similar qualifications, there are likely others, but I am unfamiliar with them. Without knowing your experiences with self-shielded wires it could be difficult to make suggestions that would make sense. Vertical welding with the majority of the seismic wires can present challenges with regard to bead profile, particularly when using the larger diameter wires(1/16" and up). You may wish to include more specific information on your application, include wire diameter, position, and other specifics. There are plenty of folks who frequent here who could give you some very specific information for use, technique, and other details. A bit for you to consider. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By J Hall (***) Date 10-15-2009 00:05
Coreshield  is very user friendly. NR 232 from What I have been told, is not.
Parent - By jffluxcore (**) Date 10-15-2009 16:24
Thank you Guys. Jim
Parent - By swsweld (****) Date 10-17-2009 02:37
I have recently tried NR 232 and I agree. Not impressed with it.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / esab coreshield 8