Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Redy-arc welding machines(rede-arc?)
- - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 10-21-2009 17:17
Hey anybody know anything about Redy-arc or rede-arc or some spelling like that portable welding machines? They seem to be pretty reasonably priced. Looked at a 300amp diesle machine and it looked just like a lincoln machine, same color and all. Are they just a knock off of the original lincoln design or what? Just askin?
Parent - - By aevald (*****) Date 10-21-2009 17:32
Hello ibeweldingsum, I believe they are built for redi-arc by Lincoln. Similarly they have redi-arc inverters that are the spittin image of Miller XMT's, but have an aluminum case with the redi-arc stickers on them. Best regards, Allan
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 10-21-2009 17:35
Are they any good? I mean for the price that would be a good buy. Only $8500 for a new machine seems like a damn good deal to me.
Parent - By downhandonly (***) Date 10-21-2009 19:29
they are good machines but they have no low idle so you hear 1800 rpm screaming in your ear all day
Parent - By EVWELDER (**) Date 10-21-2009 17:34
They are lincoln machines made for red-e-arc thay are pretty nice machines I have used a few of them.I have a couple of friends that have them and they haven't had any problems with them.
Parent - - By ronnie taylor (**) Date 10-21-2009 17:46
I used a red-d-arc when I worked repairing conx boxes, It was a zr8 I asked the the salesman at the welding supply store who made them he said they were built for airgases rental fleet by lincoln & miller.
Parent - - By pipehead (***) Date 10-21-2009 21:52
They are just lincoln and miller machines built for redi arc rentals just like everyone else said.  it used to be that the d300k+k and the Classic 300D different because of the kubota motor but now lincoln offers the kubota or perkins
Parent - - By rigchaser85 (**) Date 10-22-2009 00:53
I bought a redi-arc 300d about 5 years ago. I never had any problems with it and was a pretty slick machine. Bought it refured for redi-arc for $5500.
Parent - By Regmanager (**) Date 10-22-2009 12:38
Everyone here is correct. Lincoln made these machines for Airgas. Red-D-Arc is owned by Airgas. All the parts are Lincoln parts and are in the Lincoln parts catalog under the code #. ZR-8 and ZR-10's are Ranger 8's and 10's. and the bigger diesels are Classic designs. I can get refurbished Red-D-Arc machines at a resonable cost as these machines are sold to the public after 3 years of service in the rental fleet. You can also purchase an extended warranty with the machine. I've sold quite a few and have never had anyone un happy with the machine. But you are buying a 3 year year old Lincoln so you shouldn't have any problems with it. You can also purchase these machines new.

Edit to Add: You can purchase the optional idler package so the machine will not be running in high idle all day.
Parent - By KSellon (****) Date 10-22-2009 21:00
They are commonly used in rental fleets, at least here in Oklahoma.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Redy-arc welding machines(rede-arc?)