Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipefitting books?
- - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-24-2009 09:51
Is there a good book out there that has information on pipe layout? I mean, well, as some may know about the deadhead issue on the job but as stated many, many times I am not a pipefitter but am willing to learn and figure I need to know this stuff, even if I don't want to fess up to it. All the books I'm finding are the bluebooks, blackbooks, pocket guides and so on that basically tell you how to measure, cut, figure angles and so on. Nothing that is more of a do and don't kind of thing or explantion type of book, where I can learn about deadheads, bull heads? and so on, is there such a creature? Or is this something you learn at the school of hard knocks and some old guy named Joe? LoL!! Wait a minute.....I'm an old guy....

Thought I found something on Amazon but they don't know when it will be back in stock, must have been a run on the store for pipefitting books? I figure ya'll on here might be able to point in the right direction, something you've read or thumbed through before that is actually good and not a worthless waste of money. Thanks for any info!

Shawn
Parent - - By scrappywelds (***) Date 10-24-2009 15:06
You could buy some UA apprentice books. You can find them on e-bay from time to time. You could do a web search to find them or maybe Amazon.
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 10-24-2009 17:09
Maybe that's what I found on Amazon early this morning...used books for over $200, pipefitter trainee books, 1,2,3,4 and 5 I think. That was over $200 for 1 book, ouch!
Parent - By spgtti (**) Date 10-25-2009 01:06
Become a pipefitter apprentice, you'll get the books AND the on site experience fitting and welding pipe.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Pipefitting books?