Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln's 305 G vs. Miller301D
- - By lake (*) Date 04-27-2002 18:30
Wondering if anyone has experience with either of these units. Specifically arc quality and noise levels. I recently
purchased a Miller 301 G and the noise DB has everone on the project complaining, including me. I'll replace the 301 G
with something quieter for certain! The Miller welds well enough, don't know anything about the Lincoln 305. I want
to stay with a smaller type machine for the portability aspects with a small truck as we are driving quite a distance to
the job. Thanks in advance!
Parent - - By dee (***) Date 04-27-2002 20:37
Would it be cheaper to replace the muffler than the welder?
Parent - By lake (*) Date 04-27-2002 22:53
Already tried that! Caused overheating problems, especially on a warm day. Believe me, more muffler was my first thought!
Parent - - By n5uzt (**) Date 04-28-2002 03:01
you can go to millerwelds .com and ask them
also the thermal arc welder the predator pro has the 20 horse honda and it is realy quiet.
Parent - By dee (***) Date 04-28-2002 03:31
note also engine manufacturer's service network should be able to advise on substitute mufflers. Also Miller had a satisfaction guarantee; they were very helpful (they were perfect; impossible to do better) with a little local service trouble I had... I agree, talk to Millser
D
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Lincoln's 305 G vs. Miller301D