Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Abuse in the Forum
- - By jon20013 (*****) Date 11-03-2009 04:41
It seems almost all of us have been subject to some verbal abuse over time, for those who have been members long enough.  Just a reminder to try keeping responses prefessional, to the point and avoid personal attacks.  If someone's responses are starting to "get to you" maybe give it a day or two to cool off instead of being "baited" in to posting a counter-attack.  Almost all of us are professionals with the same end goal, to share our knowledge and help those who may have lesser understanding than us.  Also, let's try to keep in mind there may be many different ways of interpreting a given subject, as often is evident in the Forum.  We're all here for welding.....
Parent - - By 3.2 Inspector (***) Date 11-03-2009 09:43
Abuse = Amuse?

Parent - By hogan (****) Date 11-03-2009 18:41
amen
Parent - - By sparksandslag (**) Date 11-29-2009 04:21
Yeah, I can relate to the V.A. thing already, and I've not been on here all that long.  I am not by profession a welder, much less a pipeliner.  My knowledge and experience is limited; the tricks of the trade and terminology are in a lot of cases new to me.  I do some structural, some farm repair and pipe fence building on a part-time basis.  I bought my machine (a '67 redface Lincoln) with the intention of learning to weld, more as a challenge to myself than anything else.  The amount of welding I do for others is for sure not going to put a crimp in the lifestyle of a professional welder; matter-of-fact, most jobs I take on wouldn't be worthwhile for a full-time rig welder to go out on. Now, here's the burr under my saddle.  The few times that I have posted questions, it would seem that the mind-set of the forum members is that if you don't already know everything about welding, have your pipefitters book, own a one-ton diesel truck with the latest and greatest toys, then you are (1) dumber than a car-load of anvils, and/or (2) are a major threat to the livelihood of each and every welder with a Union book if any knowledge is imparted to you.  Lighten up, guys.  There's some of us that just want to be able to sew two pieces of metal together in a safe, workman-like manner that will be a credit to anyone who has ever run a bead.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-29-2009 06:20
The banter about hacks, scabs & etc. isn't directed at guys like Yourself, it concerns amatures who are showing up on real jobs trying to do work about which they havn't a clue.

You have a Red Face, that gives You some braging rights. :-)
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Abuse in the Forum