Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / YEEEEEHAAAAAAAW!!!
- - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 11-16-2009 01:50
Hey fellas i'm finally back to work!! The pipeline company I worked for last year called me back and I passed the test along with all the oreintation stuff and I've been workin for two whole weeks now. Sure was slim pickins around the 'ol homestead but now it's lookin up. Hey anybody heard of a Varafource certification? I've got to take some test next week to get this certification. They told me it's no big deal but I was just wondering. Well I just wanted to vent out my happiness to y'all. Goodluck to all of ya and god bless.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-16-2009 02:53
Congrats Matt! Glad to hear that things are getting better for you and yours.
Parent - By mcostello (**) Date 11-16-2009 03:03
Glad someone has to vent happiness for a change. Get tired of the other.
Parent - - By waccobird (****) Date 11-16-2009 10:43
Matthew
This is probably what  it deals with.
http://www.veriforce.com/CompanyProfile/tabid/63/Default.aspx
Marshall
Parent - By makeithot (***) Date 11-17-2009 16:02
Read their site looks to me like another bunch over educated individuals out to take their pound of flesh out of the man that can actually do the work. does the welding industry not already have enough of these guy's. It's like they all can't wait to stick their hands in your pocket just because they gave themselve some fancy title.
Parent - By paul prill (*) Date 11-16-2009 12:49
It is commonly called OQ (operator qualification) DOT requires it sometimes as do most pipeline transmission companies, it deals with alot of general stuff about gas, fusion of plastic and safety.
Parent - - By trlblzr302 (**) Date 11-16-2009 14:38
GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK TO WORK GUY..  STAY WELL AND KEEP MOVIN'

Trlblzr302
Parent - - By ibeweldingsum (***) Date 11-22-2009 00:24 Edited 11-22-2009 23:43
Thanks guys I hope everbody get's back to work like me. I got to admit it was lookin pretty bleek around here when I finaly went to work. I was down to my last $60 when I got the call. But thankfully I have some durn good friends that lent me a hand and now I'm in the black again. OH! the company I'm workin for is R&R pipeline. They got some work from ENOGEX and Markwest so maybe we will stay busy for awhile. Again thanks alot guys for bein there for me. Here are some pics!
Attachment: pipelineashland.jpg (61k)
Attachment: pipelineashland2.jpg (70k)
Parent - By rick harnish (***) Date 11-22-2009 00:47
COOL! Most certainly a break from the desperation we have all been through lately! ENOGEX!! They had Saulcon on last year in OK. Maybe something good will happen yet!!!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / YEEEEEHAAAAAAAW!!!