Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / undercutting..
- - By weaver (***) Date 11-17-2009 02:04
Company man just called me, Another welder undercut me doing well heads.. The wellhead company that i was welding for lined him up.  Company hand called and said that his is still screwing around with it (hour 5),( It takes me 1.5 hrs from conductor cut to casing and welding and nitrogen test) and he couldn't weld over head and he had a cute little set up.  anyway first time i have ever been undercut.  but to make me feel better the company man said that the wellhead company is done after tonite, so that makes me feel better.  (who cant weld over head that's the easiest part!).  not trying to offend anyone just venting... regards shannon
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 11-17-2009 02:21
That sux! So, has the Company Man learned his lesson and sent this slag packing?
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 11-17-2009 02:35
you bet he did.  the silly part is the wellhead company that i was welding for swore that they would have me doing 4 heads a week, i will not work for them ever again even for twice the price.. they screwed up.  i show up clean ,sober and early no matter what time it is. 
Parent - By leterburn (**) Date 11-17-2009 13:29
From a business standpoint - I'd suggest going back to work for them at the same rate as you were before if they call you - they're already eating crow to get you back - that's normally lesson enough and you'll be there guaranteed for a long time.. only my thoughts and may not be correct but hate to see someone lose a good gig due to undercutting or worse....   arrogance and pride.  G'luck w/ it - you'll figure it out, you're a sharp guy!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-17-2009 02:35
I wouldn't worry too much about being underbid by someone who CAN"T EVEN DO THE JOB.
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 11-17-2009 03:58
yeah i know, Sounds childish , but I built this company from the bottom up, and little stuff like this really eats my lunch.  oh well karma comes around, and you right he can't even do the job..
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 11-17-2009 05:16 Edited 11-17-2009 05:22
I don't know. Twice the price I think would be a good lesson for them. Seeing as how they "cheated on you". Capitalism is the best cure I can think of for a bruised pride. This could be your Karmic justice.

"Revenge is a dish best served COLD" as the old Romulan proverb goes!
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / undercutting..