Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New Welding Car
- - By rondar (*) Date 11-20-2009 18:09 Edited 11-20-2009 18:18
Hello,
I am fairly new to this forum. I just finished my last welding rig. By last I mean, this is the last one I am going to build. I will try to post the pictures. If anyone could tell me how to post the pictures, I appreciate it.

RJS
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-20-2009 19:08
Couple of ways to post pictures...

1) Host the pictures in something like http://www.photobucket.com , and then post a link to the pictures like so:
[img]web url to where the pics are located inserted between the brackets[/img]

2) Make a post, then afterwards go back to the post and hit the "attach" link below the post, this will bring up a window for you to browse your computer and choose the pic to upload, check the box to embed the picture, and hit "upload". Go back to the forum and you should be able to see your post with your picture embedded.
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-20-2009 20:16
John,
I'm trying but I am not very computer savy. Thanks for the help.
              RJS
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 11-20-2009 20:18
THE BLUE ATTATCH BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR LAST POST.
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-20-2009 21:29
Thanks Mike but I don't think I've got that far. I am still trying to get from the Photobucket. I have the pictures downloaded in photobucket but I can't get to the AWS forum.
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-20-2009 21:52
In Photobucket, we you see the thumbnail pics...hover your mouse on the picture(don't click, just point), there should be a box drop down under your pic that you are hovering your mouse over, copy the second line of text named "direct link", then go back to your post and type [img], then paste your link directly behind the bracket, then type this [/img] ... so it should look something like this without the space behind the first [img]:

[img] http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/jwright650/IMG_0220.jpg[/img]

You can post just the link without the [img] tags and it will provide a clickable link, add the [img] tags and it will show your picture when someone views your post.

Here is what happens when you take out the space in that link above:

To add some confusion: the botton link that says "IMG code"....you can copy that link..."but" you have to make the [IMG] and [/IMG] lowercase letters or it won't work in the forum.

Just so you know...[img] tells the forum software that a link to a pic follows, [/img] tells the software that is the end of the picture link(both tags are important to posting a picture)
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-21-2009 03:51
John,
I really appreciate your help getting my pictures on here.
                       RJS
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-21-2009 14:38
Fine rig you have there RJ! Nice work.
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-21-2009 20:23
Thanks Wade..........
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-21-2009 21:44
How do you like your 6.4? I have an 08 and I love the truck but not the engine.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-21-2009 21:46
Forgot to ask, where you at in NM? I'm in SE Arizona.
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-21-2009 23:52
Wade,
I like the 6.4 for the power but not the fuel mileage. I get about 9.4 in town and 12.4 on the road. The power is sufficient. I hate when the DPF regenerates, it makes the whole truck stink. When the warranty is out, I will delete the DPF. Other than that, I love the truck. By the way, I am in Farmington, NM.
                                         RJS
Parent - - By rick harnish (***) Date 11-22-2009 00:52
DPF delete!! Dont stop there! Diesel Power Magazine will give the info to make it STOMP!! I dont know about the MPGs, though.
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-22-2009 01:44
Yes, I would like a little more power....Mostly want MPG.
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-22-2009 07:11
One of the supervisors that works for me bought the 09 F250 4x4. His brother in law is the desiel tech at the local Ford dealer so he had him do the whole power upgrade. DPF delete, complete exhaust, cold air, and I believe he said the edge juice, cant remember for sure on the programer though. He has a toy hauler and tells me he gets 16-18 towing on the highway now. Empty he claims 24? My truck is a crew cab long bed F350 4x4 and stock I get 16.4 empty on a good day if I take it easy. I'm not spending any money on it because I am trading it off ASAP. I have already spent a bundle on radiators, turbo, injectors and a head gasket. I am not at all impressed with the 6.4. My experience is it does fine as long as I'm not towing heavy loads with it. I truly believe mine is a lemon also.
I also have 18 F450 and F550's at work rigged out with Air Vantage, 2 Ox 1 300cf accet, 1 75/25, double stacked full length side boxes full of BIG mining tools and the mechanics personal tools. Nothing but trouble. I had the guys build 2 trailers that we can set the welding machines on and pull all the tools out because at least one truck is always in the shop. Turbo goes and wipes out the motor quite often, and countless other problems. I kept a really close eye on mine and cought it just before it ruined my engine. Takes the shop one full day just to pull the cab and front clip off, about a week for the complete motor, another day to put the cab and body back together. Darn trucks are rattle traps now! The wiring harness is another BIG problem on the 450's, big money also! I'm going to try and find a low mileage 07 before all the emissions BS for my personal truck.
These trucks are abused, its like driving on the ROW 24-7 out here, but the old 6.0's had way less problems! just my .02
Parent - By rondar (*) Date 11-22-2009 18:30
I have always been a Ford man. I have had good luck with diesels. My first diesel was in 1983 when they came out with them. I got 472,000 miles out of that one. I have had diesel every since. My last one was a 2001 and I had good luck with that one also. Now I am kinda nervous about this one after what you are telling me. I will sure keep a close eye on the turbo. This is to be my sixth and final truck. I guess we will see which one of us wears out first, me or the truck.....
                                          RJS
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-22-2009 07:14
Rick, what tuner do they suggest? Only reason I am wondering is for the knowledge. I have no intention of putting one on my 6.4

If I get a 6.0 soon I am definately going to upgrade for the better fuel mileage.
Parent - By jrod (**) Date 11-22-2009 15:58
SCT is the way to go for 6.0s
Parent - - By weldwade (***) Date 11-22-2009 00:58
I know what you meen about the regen on the dang thing. Mine quit stinking after a while I have almost 85K on it now. I grew up in Mancos Co and worked in Farmington for a few years. Couple of lines for Flint then pumping stations and locations for Triad. Worked for Vim Trailer, now Largo, building tankers for a about 2 years before moving back to Tucson. Been working in the copper mines for 16 years now but I always miss the oil and gas fields.
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 11-22-2009 01:05
dam nice rig, not real crazy about ford but that is one dam fine looking truck, Ford maybe the only one around that isn't government owned may just have to learn to like them
Parent - - By rondar (*) Date 11-22-2009 01:42 Edited 11-22-2009 02:41
Thanks Chris...... Wade, I am originally from Texas, I worked all over, I have mostly worked pipeline but have worked anywhere they paid.
                 RJS
Parent - By bigrod (**) Date 11-23-2009 04:24
I know it may sound a little funny but my mom drives an '09 ford F-250 with 37" tires on it and it regens about every 150-200 miles.  Never noticed it stinking though.  I on the other hand have a '03 F-250 6.7 and a '08dodge duallie that has 22,000 on it and it has never regen'd....like them all
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / New Welding Car