Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Check this guy out
- - By nevadanick (**) Date 11-26-2009 01:48
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD4KiQEnxwQ&feature=player_embedded
Parent - By preston davis (**) Date 11-26-2009 02:08
what sucks about this is he is lucky enough to get away with it. But putting it on the net like that, may just get some poor soul killed, cause it worked on you tube!!!
Parent - - By rigwelder8201 (*) Date 11-26-2009 02:12
Nice post!!
Parent - - By chris2698 (****) Date 11-26-2009 02:20
that is insane but like you say some other idiot will be like well if he can do it I can do it
Parent - - By nevadanick (**) Date 11-26-2009 02:22
well it is a free country... ha ha
Parent - - By Lawrence (*****) Date 11-26-2009 02:44
Darwin award
Parent - By Mat (***) Date 11-26-2009 03:17
Nah, it's all good...  His beer had a cosy!

The Darwin Award is just a bonus!
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-26-2009 04:39
Famous last words: Y'all watch this
Parent - - By Tommyjoking (****) Date 11-26-2009 07:41
Uh     This is wrong on so many levels I would not know where to start from a safety procedure standpoint....but it would be about a page and half long if carefully edited.     The gene pool needs some chlorine to be sure ......but sometimes we get lucky and small bits of it eventually take care of itself.

I have used the oxygen displacement "trick" before when making repairs to tanks for flammable contents.    But I can tell you THAT IS NOT how it is done.   

If stupidity was painful, intensive care would be totally overwhelmed with patients and the rest of us would have a much smoother world to live in.

Oh well
TOmmy
Parent - - By ssbn727 (*****) Date 11-26-2009 09:01 Edited 11-26-2009 09:05
I've got one word for an accurate description of this guy, and some folks may get offended but oh well here it is: RETARD!!!

Respectfully - even if some don't think so! ;)
Henry
Parent - By Josh Flynn (**) Date 11-26-2009 13:02
First thing I thought when I saw this was this guy has got to be a complete  dumba**
Parent - By Cumminsguy71 (*****) Date 11-26-2009 13:05
I think this guy needs help! What a moron! As it was said some idiot is gonna see this and do it and boom! This guy should be a dare devil. The way he had the car up. One thing I learned as a mechanic in the heavy equipment industry, never trust hydraulics. One little valve holding up the car. Knew a guy who trusted hydraulics once on a 988 Cat. Pulled out the wrong valve and the loader frame came down and squashed him like a bug, literally, the big splat.

Well, I won't be doing this repair, not so lazy that I can't take out a gas tank and remove the gas. This fella is more concerned with slopping around with his beer apparently than working. This is why stupid people die, one day he'll be gone and hopefully I can hear about it on the news!!
Parent - - By Smooth Operator (***) Date 11-26-2009 18:40
Same type of guy that drives drunk,works with no safety equipment,no respect for his or anyone else's safety just not wired right. Hopefully he isn't reproducing. PS. GO STEELERS
Parent - By Marsh Welding (**) Date 11-26-2009 22:20
that guy has had videos on you tube for a long time. they do some stupid crazy stuff on his farm. might not be the smartest but his videos are funny to watch
Parent - By low_hydrogen (**) Date 11-27-2009 04:33
Paedophile is the word that best describes him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFhPY1yKGQ&feature=related
Parent - - By low_hydrogen (**) Date 11-27-2009 04:32
This idiot is named dave rock he is a convicted child paedophile!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuFhPY1yKGQ&feature=related 

And everytime he gets a view on youtube he makes one penny  adds up to about 14,000 a month.
They call his farm canadas neverland ranch..
Parent - - By nevadanick (**) Date 11-27-2009 13:22
wow, i didnt know that,  he definetly has some crossed wiring in his head
Parent - - By Mikeqc1 (****) Date 11-29-2009 03:21
thats infomation thats only usefull if your MAD MAX...
the man did look like hell boy.
Parent - By ruero (**) Date 11-29-2009 20:26
I think his smart genes must have ran down his mamas leg.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 12-01-2009 23:30
contained gasoline like that is actually not the end of the world, even at the perfect air/fuel mixture ratio inside a gas tank, the pressure is never big enough to explode the gas tank. make a loud bang? yes. explode: no.

Stupid? definitely.  very easy to catch the fuel line on fire and set the whole car ablaze. but only in movies do car gas tank explodes.
Parent - - By Metarinka (****) Date 12-02-2009 03:08
well my face is a little red.

the last one is from a movie.

The only reason I bring doubt is because they expressly design gas tanks not to explode. I had a lengthy talk about this with a few automotive engineers in the safety group. On top of that inside a gas tank there's not enough oxygen to make a big boom. A compromised tank such as in a bad accident will go up, but 1 gallon of gas left in a busted tank won't .
I would never recommend welding on a gas tank like that.  but it's a myth that one little spark will turn a car gas tank into  a mushroom cloud.  if it catches fire it can quickly set the whole car ablaze.  

for instance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KK48hQ78Kk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QgAaj3DkA-w&feature=related  before the guy pulled the nozzle out of the container the first was far from a mushroom cloud.

In fact the right thing to do if your car catches on fire is to leave the nozzle inside

but I'll repeat it's pretty stupid to weld on a gas tank like that.
Parent - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 12-02-2009 03:57
For a good explosion it takes an air/gasoline ratio of 13:1.
This is a little gas to a lot of air. The nearly empty tank will make the bigest bang, but if there is a lot of gas, there will be more fire.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / Check this guy out