Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Daily loss of password
- - By sparksandslag (**) Date 11-28-2009 04:19
Having a problem logging on each day, and I need some help solving the problem.  When I found the AWS Forum, I went through the Registration setup, created my user name and created a password.  First few times I logged in, everything worked fine.  Now, for the past week or so, whenever I attempt to log in, when I input my username and password, the screen either does nothing or else tells me that my password is incorrect.  In either case, I can call for the email to give me a free pass to create a new password, and I can log in that way with the new password.  But, come the next day, that password no longer will activate the login process.  Before you ask, yes, I am SURE of the password (wrote it down) and yes, I have re-tried the entry process SLOWLY numerous times to be sure that I wasn't fat-fingering the keyboard. I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am on a dial-up hookup, with no other option feasible at the present time.  Any assistance by the Admistrators will be appreciated.
Parent - - By guzlndzl (*) Date 11-28-2009 07:43
check your caps , also make it easier on your self, make sure it logs you on automatically every time .
by dial-up u on DSL or by the phone line ?
Parent - - By sparksandslag (**) Date 11-29-2009 04:05
Thanks for the reply.  It did the same thing tonight, would now accept the new password I selected last night.  I went to the email option, got in to post this.  When you say to check my caps, are you indicating I need to use all caps or no caps?  I've tried both ways---same results.  I am on a very weak, end of circuit copper-wire phoneline dialup, courtesy of AT&Ts unwillingness to expend any money on upgrades in my area.
Parent - By guzlndzl (*) Date 11-29-2009 05:54
caps lock, make sure you type your password in the caps you typed in .
might  be you'r connection  I my self never got anything good from dial-up

good luck
Parent - - By DaveBoyer (*****) Date 11-29-2009 06:14
You may be having "time out" problems from the dial up. That happens when it takes too long to establish the connection and the computer says "screw it".
Parent - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-30-2009 13:41
I bet the "time out" problem is to blame. I had those problems very often when I had dial-up at home. The system sits and waits for a replay from the site and when it takes a while to get it, it gives up and can give you the "page not found" 404 error.

It might take too long for the information to get to the server, so when you are creating your password, the information doesn't all get there in time for the AWS server to get it all....
Parent - - By jwright650 (*****) Date 11-30-2009 13:45
I ended up using a satellite connection(Hughes.net) because the area that I'm in hasn't upgraded the lines on the poles yet. that might be an option for you....it is kind of expensive however, at least I thought so. I pay $69/month for the mid-grade speed/rate connection.
Parent - By pipewelder_1999 (****) Date 11-30-2009 14:00
I too am a slave to HUGHES. I pay for the 1.5 MB package which works OK for downloading files however the latency and slow upload speed make VOIP, remote desktops etc a little sketchy.

Of course I don't have any neighbors, can shoot in my front yard, and my chickens, sheep, goats, dogs, and cats don't bother anybody. So rural life has some advantages.
Up Topic AWS.org / Forum News & Help / Daily loss of password