Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Working on the pipeline as a helper?
- - By rocko Date 12-05-2009 15:26
Do you really learn a lot? It makes sense to do it just so you get a feel or how things work but do you actually get any welding time in? I guess it depends who your helping though?
Parent - By aevald (*****) Date 12-05-2009 20:33
Hello rocko, I can't speak specifically to the ability to get welding time in, yet I know that you would learn immensely by just being there and observing and being a part of the actual process. As well, it probably would make a lot of difference as to whom you were paired up with. As a helper, you would be getting "schooled" on the do's, don't's and other ins, outs, and specifics of the trade area. You would need to be interactive yourself and make sure that you asked questions and listened closely to the answers to maximize your learning and experience. In most cases, when someone shows a genuine interest in what's going on the folks who they are trying to learn from will be much more receptive and willing to share. Just my $.02 Best regards, Allan
Parent - By js55 (*****) Date 12-10-2009 21:13
Welding time for helpers?
No.
The only time available would be lunch and who wants the rig runnin at lunch with all that noise.
Up Topic American Welding Society Services / AWS Learning & Education / Working on the pipeline as a helper?