Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / practice hours
- - By joe maher Date 12-12-2009 18:32
can anyone tell me what would be the high and low end of time practiceing for 3 and 4G nr-232 .072 . I know its based on your ability to forget what you been doing for years and learn new tricks . Is it possible to just not get?
Parent - By Blaster (***) Date 12-12-2009 20:28
If you are a good welder already with other processes, it should be pretty easy to learn... if you have someone to coach you who already who is really good with 232.

It is not a hard wire to run.... one of my all time favorites.  If you understand the relationship between travel speed, electrode angle, stickout, arc length, current, base metal temp, base metal mass, fitup, etc, and can make appropriate corrections as necessary on the fly, you should be fine. 

If you don't have someone to coach you, it can be hard.  If you try and weld it like 7018 like many do, you are asking for failure.  The heavy slag that is used to allow for high dep in all positions requires unique techniques.

I have posted some tips in this forum before.  If you search my user name you should find them.  If you have specific questions I would be happy to try and answer.
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / practice hours