Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / halliburton?!
- - By david shade (*) Date 12-14-2009 23:28
whats up fellas, been a while since I have posted anything on here. I was woundering if any of you have ever worked or knew of anyone that has worked for halliburton. I have heard mixed things but not any solid information.. If anybody knows of anything please let my know.Thanks.. David.
Parent - By ESC300 (**) Date 12-15-2009 00:13
I know of a contractor that used to furnish a weldor at their yard weekly,never said anything bad about them.They like to contract welding out because of liability reasons. They have closed the yard here in tuscaloosa alabama.
Parent - - By Tyler1970 (***) Date 12-15-2009 01:22
isnt that old brown and root? I know a few of the old men who has worked for them years ago. Said to me they still r the same slave drivers as they always were.
Parent - By joe pirie (***) Date 12-15-2009 02:56
Brown & Root or as we use to call them in Ca   Burn & Run  LMAO after they tried to burn down arco. is now Brown root & kellog use to be run by lady bird johnsons family.
Halliburton is the company former vice pres DICKHEAD CHENY  was CEO of that got awarded a blank check to rebuild Iraq infrastructure with no competive bids.
To appease the Democrats halliburton turned around and subbed out a good portion of the work to Brown Root & Kellog. Brown Root & Kellog is under federal investigation
for defrauding the us govt in bogus charges incurred during Iraq rebuild.
Parent - - By stewartfan20 (*) Date 12-15-2009 02:43
I have been around a lot of there work-over rig crews and cementers and frac crews up here in illinois before they closed up all the camps and moved everything to duncan oklahoma. Great guys but halliburton will ride you hard then put you away wet. Most of the guys up here went to boots and coots working in some hell hole in south america
Parent - By burleigh26 (**) Date 12-15-2009 15:30
man you hit that on the head. ride you hard and put you up wet.  i just got off a job with them, they want you to work like your making 200/hr but they dont pay. the company i contract with and us welders agreed to drop the prices some and they are supposed to pay an hour drive time.  we held our end of the agreement up but they only wanted to pay half hour on rain outs and for other days.  they will screw you hard with no lubricant.  we were working single hand and they wanted us to use our on stuff.  it was a joke out there.  it may not be like that at all the yards though. 
Parent - - By weaver (***) Date 12-15-2009 03:35
they called and asked me to contract to them, and i told them to stick it.  there awfull, and the irony is all of my friends run the show up here at there camp..  anyway goodluck if you chose to work for them.  net 45 days for payment ,but they welders up here are around 85-90 hr in there shop, and they milk it..
Parent - - By cmays (***) Date 12-15-2009 17:43
We have never had a check out more then 30 days. I cant say exactly what we do for them its specialized welding though. Guess it all depends on how bad they need you.
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 12-15-2009 18:03
Brown & Root or KB&R as it is now known as, has always been a Haliburton company and used to have that printed right on their paychecks when I worked for them in the '70s They do have some (funny) in house rules and are well known as the "sweat shop" of the heavy construction industry. I've tried to tell many folks over the past 8 years, (I could go on with a really bizzare conspiracy theory involving JFK and LBJ) that this is our second Haliburton WAR.

My experience is that they are more clickish than most contractors. which is saying a lot for a very click oriented industry. If you get in (and recommend you try) and you're "IN"...YOU ARE IN!

One thing is, they are most appreciative of a skilled pipe welder. And they do have some good ones working for them. All you have to do is make sure the fitters are never waiting on you, don't bust any X-rays and suck-up to your foreman.
Parent - - By david shade (*) Date 12-16-2009 20:34
well thanks guys for all the info i did a little bit or research on the net and could not really find any inforamtion about overseas welding as far as jobs go. So if anybody knows some sites that could help me i would sure apperciate tha.. thanks.. david
Parent - - By Superflux (****) Date 12-17-2009 04:31
david,

Did I mention, I used to work for them??? Had 3 ROF's with "rehire status"...They even paid for me to attend Lee College in Baytown, TX where the author of the "Pipefitters Blue Book" taught. I thought with that and the $$$ they invested in me (even though it's been 25 years) I might have an "IN".
Sooo, a year or 2 back, I tried to research my options and see what they had going. All I got was a website "personal ID #" and zippo, nada! No job openings posted, no offers...However, I know of people with retirements from this Corp.
You need a "Friend" for an IN!

Go for it though. You never know. Could be the right time and you could be the man they are looking for.
Parent - By Francisford (**) Date 12-17-2009 16:53
I had a brother that worked for place in duncan oklahoma as a welder.  He didnt like it much but his welding has always sucked!!!!  He did get a pipe cert from them when he was there. 
Parent - - By FixaLinc (****) Date 12-18-2009 05:13
Their corporate headquarters has been in Dubai for years now not the USA so what does that tell you about them ?
Parent - By Superflux (****) Date 12-18-2009 09:13
To twist the words of Tsun Tzu.
Keep your friends close and your Money Closer???
Up Topic Welding Industry / General Welding Discussion / halliburton?!