Not logged inAmerican Welding Society Forum
Forum AWS Website Help Search Login
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / ASME certification procedure
- - By Jorge Giraldo (**) Date 05-29-2002 00:21
Hello:

I apologize because I know that this particular board is not for this kind of issues, but I know too that this is the most readed too for many qualified people.
I am a mechanical engineer and current certified welding inspector (CWI) by the AWS. I am interested in obtain the ASME boiler and pressure vessels certification, but I am a little losted in this goal. If there is here an authorized inspector of BPV who may guide me or give me information about the process to get the certification, contacts, requirements, etc.
I have doubts if I am asking to the right place, but any guide about it will be usefull to me.
Thanks in advance for your colaboration.

Jorge Giraldo
Universidad Nacional de Colombia
Medellín, Colombia
Parent - By MKaushagen Date 05-29-2002 18:09
Try the ASME website: www.asme.org
Parent - - By wjsantamaria Date 06-01-2002 00:01
Jorge:

si necesitas informacion puedes ir a www.nationalboard.org es el ente que rige la inspeccion de recipientes a presion sean calderas, drums. etc. en servicio. Alli tambien puedes encontrar los dierentes cursos , fechas y todo lo referente para ser un inspector autrizado( AI) como esta establecido en los diferentes codigos de construccion ASME y ASme b31.x. Espero que esto le sea de bastante ayuda.

Javier Santamaria
CWI
Gulf Interstate Engineering
Parent - - By G.S.Crisi (****) Date 06-03-2002 18:51
Dear Mr. Santamaria,
I speak perfect Spanish myself, so I'm not speaking in favor of my own interest.
However, this is a public site accessed by people of all nationalities. Being English the language of AWS, all statements should be written in English. Chances are, great chances by the way, that apart from my friend Jorge Giraldo other persons are interested in knowing the answer to his question.
Sin más por el momento, lo saludo muy atte.
Giovanni S. Crisi
Sao Paulo - Brazil
Parent - By wjsantamaria Date 06-05-2002 14:44
You are right, you and welding society have to apologize me, so I will repeat the Statements about the web site where the people who is interesed in to be Inspector autorized (AI) according ASME code and ANSI-ASME B31.XX, the web site is www.nationalboard.org, in this site you can find all complete information about courses,schedule, dates and requierements. I hope this information can be useful .

Javier santamaria
Colombia
Up Topic Welding Industry / Technical Discussions / ASME certification procedure